Thread: Back in the saddle again

Thanks

Cool Back in the saddle again

Hi, my name is Jed, and I'm new to Nashville and just started to ride again. I have not ridden since college, 8 years ago, so you could imagine how out of shape i am. I still have the first bike i ever bought, '96 Garry Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, i love that old bike. I have been giving it a work out at HC the past couple of weeks, great trail. I hope to meet some new people, and start getting in some group rides.

thanks

Thanks
    Hope to see you on the trail also. It is the local improve your riding style trail from what I gather. I don't know the bike, but I will look for an older style mountain bike when I go to the trail. It is my home trail and several of us live close. Welcome to the board.
    Kris

'05 Marin Mill Valley
    '06 Marin Wolf Ridge

"Those who forget their past are destined to repeat it" - Santayana

http://www.blueheavenrental.com Florida Panhandle vacation spot.

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts

Glad you made it to the board, and Welcome.. Hope to see you at the trails some time..

Chris

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

Thanks
    Thanked 2,348 Times in 731 Posts

Welcome to board

I know your bike. I am the old dude on this site. Those GF Hoo Koo E Koo's came out in about 1987. I test rode one on Peabody's campus. Considered buying but instead found my Fat Chance Wicked. Is it steel or Aluminum?
    --Bob S.

We need you all. Please join today.
    -- -------o----------o---------o------------
    '10 Santa Cruz Tallboy 29er - Seriously Loving it. -great bike.
    '05 Rnj Ano Santa Cruz Blur Classic,
    1987 Fat Chance 'Wicked'
    Spc'lzd Roubaix Comp road bike

Thanks
    The frame chromoly. The only thing that is original, is the front shock. It's a Rock Shox Quadra 21R, I'm probably the only person stile riding one. I did trade out the elastomers for some speed springs. I also have up graded Nuke prof carbon hubs, and Shimano XT comp. group.

thanks for asking,
    jed

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts
    I had a Mag 21 that I rode till about 2005 - I also had some Nuke Proof Hubs.. I have not heard that name in a LONG time..

Mine seperated but they sent me a new pair (this was years ago) I have no idea what I ever did with them..

C

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

Thread Information