Thread: Defeated Creek Race???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 661 Posts

Defeated Creek Race???

What happened to the Defeated Creek Race? I was stoked that my wife and I actually got a camping spot at the camp ground for the race, and now the race is not on the schedule. Any info?

Thanks
    Bummer. That was an extra cool trail to race.

Thanks
    We are working to get it back on the schedule, but it won't be a TBRA points race. Hopefully, it will be the same weekend(june 13).
    Niner EMD
    S-Works Tri-Cross

4. The following 4 users say "Thank You" to scuba steve for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 661 Posts
    That is a great weekend, because they are having a bluegrass festival the Saturday before!

Thanks
    I sure hope this race is back on the same weekend, because it will be a blast with camping/race and bluegrass festival all in one weekend.

What is the deal with TBRA this year??

Jose Alea

SORBA Advocacy
    http://www.sorbamidtn.org/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GRiD View Post
    I sure hope this race is back on the same weekend, because it will be a blast with camping/race and bluegrass festival all in one weekend.

What is the deal with TBRA this year??
    A few folks have a problem with TBRA charging 2 instead of 1 dollar per rider to sanction a race. Looks like a few people will spoil a great group and race series for what ever personal problems that they have. It's really sad and no one but myself has defended TBRA. I'm not doing non-TBRA races, and I think racers will avoid long distance Non-TBRA events. Why would some one from Knoxville / LBL / Memphis drive 3 hrs for a race that has NO MEANING.

Like one guy (who will remain unnamed) said "why should I go there when IT DOESN'T COUNT". I would not be surprised of a TBRA event on the day of a non_TBRA event.

This is a test as to whether or not this "protest" will work.

An this has nothing to do with endurance races - which are generally "stand alone" races anyway. (at least in TN)

Steve
    Last edited by TNcaveman; 04-16-2010 at 07:51 PM.
    Big Caveman - 2012 Specialized Epic Expert 29er and 2006 Santacruz Superlight - custom burple color
    Little Caveman - 2010 Voodoo Hoodoo 26'er - Steel is Still Real / custom build

…but on Voyage 34, he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing (Porcupine Tree).

Friends of Shutes Branch Blog
    http://shutesbranchmtb.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 Times in 602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TNcaveman View Post
    A few folks have a problem with TBRA charging 2 instead of 1 dollar per rider to sanction a race. Looks like a few people will spoil a great group and race series for what ever personal problems that they have.
    This is a test as to whether or not this "protest" will work.

An this has nothing to do with endurance races - which are generally "stand alone" races anyway. (at least in TN)

Steve
    Don't believe everything you read in the tabloids. Some things really aren't about TBRA.

Some times it really is about just having a good time.

There is nothing stopping you or anyone else from stepping up and putting on a race and adding it to TBRA's calendar/points series.

9. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Johnny5 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 Times in 602 Posts
    Taken from TBRA's FORUM posted by TBRA MTB Director. I fail to see the animosity suggested present.

So can we drop the innuendo and just take things for what they are: low cost bare bones racing. If you want to come out and play, come out and play, if you don't, then don't. That's the beauty of having options.

http://tbra.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=212

"MOAB Bike Shop and Swiftwick are pleased to announce the first edition of Crude XC race. This USAC race will take place April 18th, 2010. This is bare bones cross-country racing at its best. We couldn’t find a bike race with minimal entry fee and cash prizes for all classes, so we created one. Those who have competed in the infamous Dirt, Sweat, and Gears 12 hour race will be familiar with the course and surroundings. The course is comprised of 70% DSG ran backwards with some new challenging singletrack and fire road sections situated on the beautiful Cotton Mill Preserve in Fayetteville, TN. These trails are hidden gems in the middle Tennessee area.

Moots will have a tent on site, and will be donating one of its signature handcrafted titanium mountain bike frames for the Dirt, Sweat & Gears grand prize drawing. Each $10 donation to IMBA/SORBA is an opportunity to take home a handcrafted Moots titanium mountain bike frame. Tickets can be purchased at the Moots tent on race day. One lucky recipient will be announced at the Dirt, Sweat & Gears awards ceremony on Saturday, May 15. The winner of the frame doesn’t have to be at Dirt, Sweat & Gears, so this is a great opportunity for those who can’t make DSG this year.

Water, toilets, music, and good company will be provided for all racers. Please feel free to camp on the farm the night before the race for the full experience. The race website contains online registration, schedules, and more specifics. It can be found at http://www.crudexc.com. We hope to see all of you there and are looking forward to a great day of crude Tennessee mountain bike racing!

- the Crude XC team
    MOAB Bike Shop
    Swiftwick"

11. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Johnny5 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,034 Posts
    I guess it really doesn't matter any way - I was really looking forward to chasing the few points that I will get while watching my son and the other Juniors battle it out. It just disappoints me that these three venues are dropping out of the TBRA series. I think that turnouts will be significantly lower. The simple fact that you win a state level series by attending races all over the state is really cool. I would probably not drive 3 hrs to Stanky Creek to do a race, but guys will from Knoxville to do so. And the Memphis gang drive a really long way for almost all the races. With these three out, only the Lock 4 races will be TBRA xc races in Middle Tennessee.

WOW - I just re-read this from 2 months ago.

http://nationalmountainbike.com/boar...highlight=TBRA

I really like the idea of a MTB only awards banquet / get-together. The picnic at Chickasaw was the best.

I hope this gets worked out. I'm still hoping for the MB and Defeated Creek races to get back on the TBRA schedule.

Steve
    Big Caveman - 2012 Specialized Epic Expert 29er and 2006 Santacruz Superlight - custom burple color
    Little Caveman - 2010 Voodoo Hoodoo 26'er - Steel is Still Real / custom build

…but on Voyage 34, he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing (Porcupine Tree).

Friends of Shutes Branch Blog
    http://shutesbranchmtb.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Defeated Creek Race

Depends on the race start time. I think if you post here on the Racing part of the forum, where this thread is the day before a race, people are likely to pipe up with meeting times.

Martin

Thread Information