Thread: May have found a bike

Thanks

May have found a bike

would like your opinions is this a good deal for a beginning bike ? http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/bik/1716309905.html

Thanks
    i would try to gather up some more funds and get something a little bit better. a bad bike can make a bad biking experience. $500 can get you a lot nicer used bike

very easy to get frustrated with a cheap drivetrain that won't shift and brakes that sound like a dog howling and not even stop you from flying down a hill

just my 2 cents.. (which is probably only worth 1)

Slow-Motion

3. The following user says "Thank You" to kevkizer for this useful post:

Thanks
    Never buy from someone who can't spell 'brakes' correctly!

Just kidding....well, kinda kidding. Follow the advice above. If you are patient, you can find a used ride on here for a good price and most everything I've seen on nMb has been well cared for.

Thanks
    I have a good friend of mine that is fixing to sell his Trek 6000. Its a 2009 model all stock think he wants 550. Really sharp bike in really good shape think he just put a new chain on it and had the deraillers adjusted. Its matte black with silver graphics. He is only selling it because he bought his first full suspension bike and needs to replenish some of the cash he is out on his new bike. If your intersted give me a pm and i will give you his cell number and he will send you some pictures. My first bike was a trek 6000 and I loved, possibly the best hardtail you buy under $1000.00

Thanks
    i ended up with the bike right now this is all i can afford and i am very pleased with the bike im fixing to check all the uts and bolts and take it out this evening sometime hopefully its a Marin Palisades lite rigid frame

Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgoodman View Post
    ...My first bike was a trek 6000 and I loved, possibly the best hardtail you buy under $1000.00
    I second this notion...My first mountain bike was a trek 6500 and it was amazing. I guess what that means is that it took all of the pounding that a new, overweight, clumsy rider could give it - with no problems. THe bike was a joy to ride, and went through tons of local trails and surrounding area mountains. Good call Cgoodman.
    Signature:
    _________
    Reed Lilley
    "Dead last is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start."
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information