Thread: hello from banana_man

Thanks

hello from banana_man

Hey guys

I've been checking out the boards for a few weeks, and I thought now was a good time for an introduction. My name is Eddie and I'm a long time mountain biker. While I've not ridden much in the last 6 or 7 yrs, I recently decided to take it back up and I'm looking forward to checking out all the local trails and hopefully reconnecting with some of my old pals. I live in Murfreesboro now, but I actually grew up and did most of my riding in Hendersonville/Sumner county.

Not that anyone is interested, but I've been riding, racing, and crashing for maybe 20 yrs. Of course, living in Hendersonville, means I've ridden lock 4 more times than I can remember, but I also always enjoyed riding Hamilton Creek, Fairview, and Chickasaw.

I hope you guys won't hold it against me, but I've actually known FullSquishy for maybe 10 or 11 yrs. Back in the day, I worked on some of his bikes when I was at Bikers Choice, and we've done some rides together. We spoke last night and I'm going to start giving him a hard time about riding again

Well enough of my aimless rambling, hello again and I hope to cross paths with some of you guys soon. When it dries out, I'll be at Lock 4 most afternoons around 5pm. later

banana_man

2. The following 4 users say "Thank You" to banana_man for this useful post:

Thanks
    back banana_man...we won't hold anything against you knowing the 'Squish for that long, just keep giving him grief for not getting out with us to ride.

See you on the trail....

Jose Alea

SORBA Advocacy
    http://www.sorbamidtn.org/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,913 Times in 939 Posts
    Glad you decided to post up Eddie and it was nice to speak with you and catch up last night. I think you will enjoy the board as it is a really good way to meet a lot of other people to ride with that we never had back in the 90's.

I would tell you though that since you declared you know me, if you post up a ride yourself that 100's of riders might show up just to see if I am riding with you that day!.............LOL

Good to see you on the board and hope to get out there with you sometime soon!
    Kelly Benward
    Team RideforReading.org

Thanks
    hellooooo banana man

Slow-Motion

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 643 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 884 Posts
    Welcome Banana_man!

Knowing Kelly surely gets you a few browny points...but I'm not sure if it's cuz I've spent some months in the (mountain bike-ly speaking) lazy-seat myself...or if it's cuz we like Kelly that much! Either way - welcome to the board, and I hope to meet you out there riding sometime!
    Signature:
    _________
    Reed Lilley
    "Dead last is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start."
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thanks
    Welcome to the board Banana_Man! Hope to see you out on the trail real soonlike!

Lance Bowers

2018 Surly ECR 29+
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2013 Soma Fab Double Cross Disc

Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,870 Posts
    to the board
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

Thanks
    Nice to meet you today Eddie and welcome.

Thanks
    Banana man, known you for longer than you've known Kelly...can you figure out who I am?

12. The following user says "Thank You" to Syndicate for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome guys.
    Kelly, hey I'm sorry we got cut off last week. Send me a PM with your phone number, my phone didn't retain it when it shut down.

Also, I went by MOAB last week and spoke with Mark about a new ride. He's a nice guy, seems real cool. Hopefully, I'll be getting something soon.

Yeah g-money it was great meeting you too. Thanks for the use of the pump. I'm glad we got to ride a lap, it's always a lot easier to ride when you got some company. Make post if you ever want to meet up out there again.

Syndicate = Martin Holton. What's up dude? Have you been riding any? Send me a PM with your phone number.

Thread Information