Thread: Shipping a bike?

Thanks

Shipping a bike?

Who have you used ? cost? i need this like today, sold a bike on ebay and cumberland says id be at least a week out just to get it boxed up

Thanks
    Harpeth Bicycles can pack it today. We open at 11. Shipping cost for a bike varies between carriers. 60 to 80 dollars is what I have seen for shipping. www.harpethbikes.com willhave our hours and address.

Fred

Thanks
    I was actually headed to hoptown for the night and ended up letting the local shop here do it. 125 boxed, shipped to cali and insured for 1400. maybe a little high but i was in a rush to get it out since i was leaving town.

Thanks Fred

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle3835 View Post
    I was actually headed to hoptown for the night and ended up letting the local shop here do it. 125 boxed, shipped to cali and insured for 1400. maybe a little high but i was in a rush to get it out since i was leaving town.

Thanks Fred
    Actually,thats about the going rate.Ive sold 4 or 5 bikes on ebay and shipped them.You cant trust the shipping calculator for ups on ebay,it will get you in trouble.The only accurate way is to box it up and take it to the ups store and let them measure it.If it is an inch bigger than what you put in the calculator the price goes up.I used it on the first bike I sold and after it delivered in CA they sent me another bill for $80.I put the exact measurements and printed the labels off ebay then took it to the ups store,since they used my labels and didnt measure it they claim I measured wrong which is BULL@#%@T,sorry but thats a touchy subject.Sorry for the long winded answer but maybe it will save somebody some grief later.

Thread Information