Thread: Greenways

Thanks

Greenways

The Tour de Nash or ride walk etc Nashville has been cancelled.The Greenways are in bad shape. They are looking for vols to help with clean up this weekend.

2. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to cdpmtoy for this useful post:

Thanks
    Yeah I rode the greenway last night and it is in bad shape. The flood waters left silt/mud on the trail/bridges. Be careful when crossing bridges especially if the mud is wet. I ended up turning around at the Cumberland river bridge, I started from the dam, and just did hill repeats by two rivers middle school. Shelby bottoms was the worst area that I saw.

In good news about the greenway the underpass by Kohlís is finally done and paved.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Team Bikers Choice

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts
    Yea a lot of them have washed out bridges and humped up blacktop...... it will take a while for a lot of these to be back in riding shape..

C

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

Thanks
    Sucks that they got canceled. But I do hope the greenway gets cleaned up fast especially since it is finally connected by Lebanon road.

Somewhat related note. Keep Bart Gibbs in your thoughts. He is one of the sales guys at Bike Pedlar in Hermitage and he crashed going into work Saturday morning. He broke his hip and I believe he is being released from the hospital today.

Thanks
    I have ridden the greenway from Shelby Park all the way to Percy Priest Dam and it is completely ride-able. The silt and mud is almost completely gone and the pavement is pretty smooth. The bridges are also all passable. Get back out there and enjoy it!

7. The following 5 users say "Thank You" to Blackberry for this useful post:

Thanks
    I was out there Sunday also. There were still some areas between McGavok Pike and Lebanon Road that had lots of dirt buildup but it was not slippery. However I still took it slow because of all the horror stories I have heard of people crashing on the greenway over the past few weeks

Thanks
    I had a friend go down hard on a bridge last week, tore himself up. Not sure if it was flood related but be careful out there.

Noticed yesterday a bunch of new work on the Richland Greenway. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks
    I'm always careful on those bridges. They're slick without water or mud! Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope he is ok now.

Thread Information