Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: CRAM 2010

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nashville/Pegram
    Posts
    2,039
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,216 Posts

    CRAM 2010

    http://www.bikethecram.com/

    Any of you closet roadies plan on doing the the Clarkville Century/CRAM this Sat?
    Did you hear the one about the guy on his death bed that said "I wish I would have worked more and rode my bike less". Said NO ONE EVER. -Jeff Scott

  2. The following user says "Thank You" to Dook of Moots for this useful post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clarksville
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 112 Times in 70 Posts
    I am. Doing the metric. Really want to do the 100 but I don't want my wife to be bored the entire day while waiting for me to finish.

  4. The following user says "Thank You" to shockfinder for this useful post:


  5. #3
    Paddlechris's Avatar
    Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    3,521
    Thanks
    2,330
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts
    Not this year, I have done it in the past it is a "fast" century

    Kind of medically on the reserve for a while...


    Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

    SORBAMIDTN

  6. The following user says "Thank You" to Paddlechris for this useful post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Clarksville
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked 339 Times in 69 Posts
    I'm in Jeff, can't wait to bag my first hundy this year.

    Come to Clarksville for this super fast century! There is more horse and buggy traffic than vehicle traffic on this course. There is little climbing (small rollers at most) so plan on lots of pedaling. Many riders finish sub 5-hours, and some under 4:30…perfect course for your PR.

    If you don't have to rush home, stay the evening and hit up Jazz On the Lawn at Beachaven Winery. A fun-filled evening with wine, music, and good friends.

    I'm looking forward to it, just hope Jeffy doesn't embarrass me in front of my roadie buddies!

    Keith

  8. The following user says "Thank You" to krs for this useful post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    1,848
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 661 Posts
    Going camping...can't make it.

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    1,252
    Thanks
    1,345
    Thanked 870 Times in 414 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motobacon View Post
    Going camping...can't make it.
    I figured you for the metric.
    "Your Mr. Stevens?"

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    1,848
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I figured you for the metric.

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nashville/Pegram
    Posts
    2,039
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post
    I'm in Jeff, can't wait to bag my first hundy this year.

    Come to Clarksville for this super fast century! There is more horse and buggy traffic than vehicle traffic on this course. There is little climbing (small rollers at most) so plan on lots of pedaling. Many riders finish sub 5-hours, and some under 4:30…perfect course for your PR.

    If you don't have to rush home, stay the evening and hit up Jazz On the Lawn at Beachaven Winery. A fun-filled evening with wine, music, and good friends.

    I'm looking forward to it, just hope Jeffy doesn't embarrass me in front of my roadie buddies!

    Keith
    I'm looking for 5 hours or better keith. That's ride time. But i will stop at some of the rest stop. Just to partake in some of the free snackes. C ya Fri evening.
    Did you hear the one about the guy on his death bed that said "I wish I would have worked more and rode my bike less". Said NO ONE EVER. -Jeff Scott

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    clarksville
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 180 Times in 94 Posts
    wish I could. camping too
    andrew

    Niner SIR9
    trek 2100
    fuji suncrest (OG) 1X7
    89 panasonic pt3500 (new nexus hub)
    Chevy 2500HD (diesel of course)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clarksville
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 112 Times in 70 Posts
    My only request for the day, considering I'd never be able to keep up with guys like y'all, and I think I've found some people who ride my tortoise pace, is that the illustrious Jeff Scott wear a sign so I can identify and meet him. I've never met a legend before!

  15. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to shockfinder for this useful post:


  16. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nashville/Pegram
    Posts
    2,039
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder View Post
    My only request for the day, considering I'd never be able to keep up with guys like y'all, and I think I've found some people who ride my tortoise pace, is that the illustrious Jeff Scott wear a sign so I can identify and meet him. I've never met a legend before!
    That's funny. Legend in my own mind maybe. I"ll be the guy flabbing my gums and telling lies. I'll be on a Red and White Specialized. Old style. 2001 model. I think I'm going to wear a a red and white Winged Yazoo jersey. I'll be with Keith. He's tall, skinny and real cocky. he will be on real fancy colored Klien road bike. If you see us on the road Keith will probably be behind me. I'm just saying.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Did you hear the one about the guy on his death bed that said "I wish I would have worked more and rode my bike less". Said NO ONE EVER. -Jeff Scott

  17. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Dook of Moots for this useful post:


  18. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clarksville
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 112 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeme View Post
    That's funny. Legend in my own mind maybe. I"ll be the guy flabbing my gums and telling lies. I'll be on a Red and White Specialized. Old style. 2001 model. I think I'm going to wear a a red and white Winged Yazoo jersey. I'll be with Keith. He's tall, skinny and real cocky. he will be on real fancy colored Klien road bike. If you see us on the road Keith will probably be behind me. I'm just saying.
    No, really, I ride every spare moment and can't even fathom the kind of mileage you put up. No kidding here, you seem to be held in great esteem by everyone on the board and I'd like to meet someone that people honor that much.

    I'll be in a red and black jersey and riding this:

  19. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to shockfinder for this useful post:


  20. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN.
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    6,032
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder View Post
    No, really, I ride every spare moment and can't even fathom the kind of mileage you put up. No kidding here, you seem to be held in great esteem by everyone on the board and I'd like to meet someone that people honor that much.
    Ole Jeffy is full of crap!

    Put him on a bike & try to keep up & all you'll be saying is... Holy Crap!
    Mike

    www.rideforreading.org


    08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike
    _______________________
    IMBA/SORBA

  21. The following user says "Thank You" to twolfcon for this useful post:


  22. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Did the Labor Day version of this ride last year, fast. fun. Would like to have caught this one as well, not working out.
    Last edited by Humpty; 05-29-2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Murphy
    Bryan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •