Thread: Women's Ride Oct. 9 @ Lock 4

Thanks

Exclamation Women's Ride Oct. 9 @ Lock 4

*Duplicate*
    Mark your calendars!
    October 9th, 11:00am at Lock 4.

Well.... it's been WAYYY past due! It's time for a women's group ride! Men, tell your wife, or your neighbor, or any female you know who wants to ride. If they are wanting to get out on the trails but too afraid because you'll drop them or don't want to ride with guys then this is the perfect ride for them!

For those who are just learning, to those with years experience, all are welcome! No experience necessary! If there are those who want to go fast then we can split up into 2 groups. There's no time limit here!

This will be a great ride for women who are on the edge of wanting to do the Dirt, Gut and Donuts race but don't know the course!

See everyone on Oct. 9th!!!
    "Often, the enjoyment is the training before and the memory after." -- Doug Kurtis

Team RideforReading.org

Thanks
    Awesome...it's on my calendar!

3. The following user says "Thank You" to Amy106 for this useful post:

Thanks

Can't Make It ...

Hey Ladies,

I'm working on the 9th, which is really too bad because I'd love to know if I'm going to be overwhelmed by the "Dirt, guts and Donuts" race. If anyone wants to post info on expectations of the race or comments after the ride on the 9th that would be great!

Thanks.

5. The following user says "Thank You" to allison p for this useful post:

Thanks
    I think a few of us are going to Lock 4 this Saturday too if you'd like to join since you can't make next week.
    "Often, the enjoyment is the training before and the memory after." -- Doug Kurtis

Team RideforReading.org

Thanks
    Would love to join you. I need to get out. Problem is, I sold my old bike, it had issues that needed fixing and I was not willing to put the money into it as it wasn't worth it. If I could beg, barrow, or plead with someone to bring me a small bike, I'm there! I'm 5 feet, and I need a small or an extra small frame.

Honestly, guys, I spent like 500 on the bike, and the repairs were going to cost me half that, so it really didn't make sense. I sold it to a guy who is a bike mechanic and can fix it without paying the repair costs that I would have to pay.

Yes, I am a beginner. So, I will be a slow rider. If you guys wanna help me? And, not leave me behind? I need the experience and the help with my skills.

thanks..

8. The following user says "Thank You" to Pokey for this useful post:

Thanks
    I'd help you out but all of mine are mediums. Sorry about that. Maybe someone else will speak up!?

This is a ride for ALL skills levels. I will leave no one behind. For those that are more advanced then they can go into a seperate group if they want to ride faster but I will be staying with the slower group making sure everyone has fun and learns a lot!

Team RideforReading.org

Thanks

Have A Little Bike

Hey Pokey - I have a little Trek you are welcome to use - I'm 4'10" so it should be just right for you.

Amy - I am planning on doing the ride next Saturday and, if everything works out for tomorrow, will ride then too.
    Lisa

"These days, my bike acts as my wheelchair, my gym & my church, all in one." Bill Walton NBA Hall of Famer & Avid Cyclist

2011 Specialized Myka 29er
    2009 Gary Fisher Piranha (Iona)
    2009 Trek 3700

11. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to runslikenew for this useful post:

Thanks
    LMAO, 4 10 and shrinking! That is exactly how I feel. You guys? I am a new rider. I will have trouble keeping up. I will need to be able to take plenty of breaks. If there are hills? I probably have to walk up. I looked up your trek 3700. It seems like a nice bike. How would you compair riding a hard tail to a full suspension? I have not done riddin without a rear shock, even though my old one sucked, it still gave a little.

My new toy is a small 125cc 4 stroke dirt (pit) bike. Man, is that fun. But, no just cuz you don't have to peddle doesn't mean its easier. I can ride trails on a bicycle now. It could be years before I do that on my dirt bike.

Can you help out an intimidated beginner? How hard are these trails? I have never ridden trails on any bike. I don't want to slow y'all down...

Pokey

13. The following user says "Thank You" to Pokey for this useful post:

Thanks
    I've only ridden a HT because I haven't found a FS to fit my geometry yet. I love it - might be a little different for you, but it won't be bad at all - I'm old, slowish but like to put in lots of miles. Been riding a year and getting better all the time. I sent you a PM - so give me a call and we can talk. If you like the Trek, you are welcome to use it for the Donut ride if you want. I ride a Fisher Piranha, extra small - and I love her - Iona. But the Trek 'Itty Bitty' - is my first bike - so she will always be special.
    Lisa

"These days, my bike acts as my wheelchair, my gym & my church, all in one." Bill Walton NBA Hall of Famer & Avid Cyclist

2009 Trek 3700

15. The following user says "Thank You" to runslikenew for this useful post:

Thanks

Team RideforReading.org

Thanks
    Hey BikerGirl I am there! I thought I already replied but I don't see it in the thread. Just figuring out how to read/reply on the forum I guess. Anyway, looking forward to Saturday!!

18. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to CourtneyLeigh for this useful post:

Thanks
    Okay!! I'm set!! I'll be there!! YAY!! Changed my plans so I can ride.

20. The following user says "Thank You" to outlawinlycra for this useful post:

Thanks
    Yesterday was so much fun! So cool to ride and meet everybody! Looking forward to doing it again.

22. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to CourtneyLeigh for this useful post:

Thanks
    We had a great ride on Saturday. Thanks Courtney, Amy (Amy106), Lisa, Yvonne, Traci, Roxie and Amber for coming out!! It was a great learning ride and we even had some beers after!

Team RideforReading.org

Thanks
    It was awesome. And great meeting everybody. Thanks BikerGirl (and Reed) for doing this for us. Yall rock!! And beer is always great incentive.

25. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Amy106 for this useful post:

Thanks

Women's Ride Pics

Here's some pics of the ride:

Left to Right:
    Traci, Yvonne, Lisa, Amy(106), Courtney, Me(Bikergirl), Roxie, and Amber

The 2 group rides together...Great turnout!

Smiling

Traci excited about her first ride on her new bike! It's awesome!

Courtney and Amy

Lisa smiling

Thanks for everyone coming out and I look forward to seeing everyone at DGD!!

Team RideforReading.org

27. The following 6 users say "Thank You" to BikerGirl for this useful post:

Thanks
    Hi

Looks like you had a great time. I'm sorry I didn't go. I just knew I wouldn't be able to keep up. If I had a bike I could ride here, to get my endurance up so I wouldn't be too slow? That would help.

What do you guys think of motobecaine bikes ie..bikes direct?

Pokey
    Mini dirt bikes..
    SSR 125 semi auto
    Pitster pro 160R manuel

Yes, I know the rep of these. They are not that bad. Picky. But, so am I...

No mountain bike....yet...

Thanks

yo!

pokey - i've got a bike for you.

looks like we was havin' funn saturday - now just need to find some water-wings for the race this weekend, and i'm set.

amy & reed - you guys are really great to get out there will all of us.

hope we can do it again in the near future.

lisa
    Lisa

2009 Trek 3700

Thanks
    I'm sorry I was out of town for this.

How about another one? Saturday October 30 maybe?

I'm super small too. Only five foot. But I've got an XS Giant Trance FS and a Salsa Ala Cart 14" fully rigid bike. I know it is difficult to find small demo bikes, so I'd loan mine out to anyone who wanted to test them.

Thanks
    wooohooo Lisa...water wings...this means your doing the race and not just volunteering. But no wings needed cause you're doing awesome!!!

Thread Information