Thread: 2011 Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic

Thanks

2011 Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic

It's never to early to start planning for the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic!

Mark your calendars now! This annual event will take place June 11-12, 2011 Brown County State Park in Nashville, IN. This clinic is open to riders of all skill levels. We've made some changes to the 2011 event, so be sure to check out the event schedule. We're adding an extra 1/2 day of instruction for Intermediate/Advanced gals along with another men's clinic and IMIC certification.

Save the date and hope to see many of you there! Go to www.midwestwomensclinic.com for all the details!

2. The following user says "Thank You" to tjuillerat for this useful post:

Thanks

Thanks
    Check out our new design for the 2011 event t-shirt! A huge thanks to Scott Spitz of 2 Pedals Photography for this awesome design! Don't forget to pre-order your shirt when you register for the event. Only 6 months and counting ladies!

http://www.bikereg.com/events/regist...?eventid=12065

Stay up to date with all the clinic news and information on our Facebook page. Join us at www.facebook.com/midwestwomensclinic

5. The following user says "Thank You" to tjuillerat for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    That's Nashville, Indiana.

Gary

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    That's Nashville, Indiana.
    Yes. Nashville, Indiana is home to some of the best mountain biking in the Midwest. Brown County State Park is the crown gel, but it's just one of the many trails in Southern Indiana that make it worth the trip from out of state.

Check out www.southernindianamountainbiking.com. It's a great resource for all the trail information the area has to offer. Come up for the clinic, but be sure to make travel time to hit French Lick Resort, Versailles State Park and O'Bannon Woods State Park. All have trails designed by the same builders of the popular Brown County trail system!

www.browncountymountainbiking.com
    www.versaillesmountainbiking.com
    www.frenchlickmountainbiking.com
    www.obannonmountainbiking.com

8. The following user says "Thank You" to tjuillerat for this useful post:

Thanks
    My wife and I are planning to make it to this, but things may change between now and June. Still debating which bike to bring though, my Stumpy or my Singlespeed. Any suggestions?
    Custom Steel Cysco 29er
    Niner One 9
    Niner Air 9
    2011 Allez Comp Apex

Race Director for SORBA-Chattanooga

"Rest satisfied with doing well and leave others to talk of you as they please"
    "Every time I make a plan, God laughs at me."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred15 View Post
    My wife and I are planning to make it to this, but things may change between now and June. Still debating which bike to bring though, my Stumpy or my Singlespeed. Any suggestions?
    Singlespeed is very popular at Brown County, but you won't be disappointed with the Stumpy either, especially if you're planning to ride the double-black diamond, Schooner Trace Trail. My guess is whichever one you bring you'll wish you had the other and will decide you'll just have to make another trip back!

11. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to tjuillerat for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    My mistake. Thought I read "Brown County State Park in Nashville, TN". Where in the world...?

Nevermind.

Gary

Thanks
    Want to know who's coaching this year? All of our coaches at the Midwest Women's Mountian Bike Clinic have been certified through the International Mountainbike Instructor Certification (www.beimic.com). We are the only clinic in the U.S. to offer this! Every coach and instructor has been trained by two-time World Masters Downhill Champion and former Red Bull Athlete, Shaums March.

We strive to offer safe, responsible and effective guidance to riders of all skill levels, while also teaching the importance of trail etiquette, safety and advocacy. We feel strongly that our volunteers, coaches and staff will lead the way as advocates for safe, organized and responsible mountain biking.

Be sure to check out our complete list of certified coaches:

http://midwestwomensclinic.com/coaches.html

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    My mistake. Thought I read "Brown County State Park in Nashville, TN". Where in the world...?

Nevermind.
    Nashville, Indiana is located about half way between Columbus, IN and Bloomington, IN (home of Indiana University).

Check out www.browncountymountainbiking.com for all the info on the trails!

Thanks
    Need a place to stay for the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic, but not sure you want to camp? That's ok! The Cornerstone Inn is now the official off-site lodging for the 2011 event! This beautiful 37 room bed and breakfast is located just two miles from the park in downtown Nashville, In. A 50% discount is available on rooms Sunday through Thursday and a 15% discount is available on Friday and Saturday night.

Give them a call to book your room and be sure to let them know you're coming to the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic!

Go to http://www.cornerstoneinn.com for more info or call 888-383-0300.

NOTE: June is a busy time of year for Nashville, so be sure to get your room booked early to guarantee your spot!

16. The following user says "Thank You" to tjuillerat for this useful post:

Thanks
    Two more weeks! Don't forget to order your 2011 event t-shirt. We are offering both a men's and women's version. Orders must be in by June 1 to guarantee receiving your t-shirt at the event. Cost is only $15. A limited number of shirts may be available for purchase at the event.

Go to https://www.bikereg.com/events/regis...?eventid=12065 to purchase your 2011 event t-shirt.

NOTE: You do not need to re-register for the event in order to purchase a shirt.

Thread Information