Thread: Hope Park Trail Conditions Here-Everyone Post!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 643 Posts

Hope Park Trail Conditions Here-Everyone Post!

Use this thread to update trail conditions at HP

Bellvue Weather

Thanks
    My friends an i rode a few days ago and the trial was perfect! love the new jump added on the way down to the river def. a fun trail!!!

Thanks
    Bad news. The recent rains have caused the trail to fall a foot or two down the hill right before the bridge at the beginning. It looks like a reroute up the hill is going to be necessary.

I hadn't been out in a couple of weeks, and was amazed by the growth and encroachment. I brought my two year old for a hike, and for me to carry a bunch of wood in for a new jump. We got a few hundred yards in before I realized that she had ticks crawling on her. I dropped the wood, took off the ticks, and ran out of there

The wood is on the trail, and in the way. Sorry. She was screaming and I just had to high tail it..

If we don't get out there soon, middle TN's best little trail will be done for the summer.

4. The following user says "Thank You" to SafetyBreak for this useful post:

Thanks
    How's the trail for tomorrow morning ..
    2012 YEYI ARS-5
    2012 Kona Jake CX
    2006 trek 4900, fox rlc 100mm, Chris king headset, axonic outlaw wheel set.

Thanks
    Rode Hope Park today after work and the trail was in great condition. There are parts of the trail where the grass can get tall and those parts were only about five inches deep. There was only one tree limb over the trail that I had to move to get by.

I made three loops which took about 1:15 hours. Did the blue trail counter clockwise. Then the blue trail and the red trails counterclockwise. Then finished with riding the blue trail counter clockwise.

This was similar to how some ride lock4.

I think this is one of the best trails in Nashville and it is in good shape.

Short, but aerobic and nicely technical.

Go getcha some!

7. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to gmb_industries for this useful post:

Thanks

Hope Park Trail Conditions Here-Everyone Post!

Where is that trail located? I haven't been able to find it online. I'd like to try it out!

Thanks
    Try the links below. Off of highway 70 just past I-40 at Bellevue. On highway 70 go past the abandoned (flooded) movie theater on your left after exiting I-40 and continue on 70 about a mile. You'll see a huge entrance and sign on the left for Hope Park Church.

I usually park behind the Church in the lot below the picnic/barbeque area. The trail starts behind the picnic cover.

http://tennesseemountainbike.com/boa...ight=hope+park

http://hopepark.com/media/file/bcc-trails.pdf

Thanks
    These trails are really a blast and some of the best 3 miles in and around Nashville (4 if you add the red loop). Trail was barely damp in a few spots today after pop up showers, but generally in great shape. I'd love to help with 3-4 other riders to get out with some gas trimmers, ride and clear the deadfall at some point this summer. I think this is a very well kept secret and most probably blow by it on the way to Monty Bell. Still, 2Xs around will get you the same mileage as the race loop and there are a couple of great sections that are fast and provide a good climb similar to others around that will go for a half mile or so. I have a gas trimmer, gloves, shovel, nips and lopper if I can synchronize a time for any work on the trail. It's really been linked together and marked far better than I remember over a year ago. Because I believe it falls under the church it would probably be best to be organized through the trail or church steward as opposed to just showing up, but I'm pretty open to however I may help.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Thanks

Re: Hope Park Trail Conditions Here-Everyone Post!

Is this trail off limits on Sundays or is it open for anyone to ride?
    --
    stephen

Mountain Biking is 80% mental, 40% physical, and 20% skills... and that may add up to more than 100%, but I don't know.. I hit my head on a tree this weekend.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gmb_industries View Post
    Try the links below. Off of highway 70 just past I-40 at Bellevue. On highway 70 go past the abandoned (flooded) movie theater on your left after exiting I-40 and continue on 70 about a mile. You'll see a huge entrance and sign on the left for Hope Park Church.

I usually park behind the Church in the lot below the picnic/barbeque area. The trail starts behind the picnic cover.

http://tennesseemountainbike.com/boa...ight=hope+park

http://hopepark.com/media/file/bcc-trails.pdf
    you link to the trails appears to have been updated. here's the new link. http://www.hopepark.com/storage/HopeParkTrailsSM3-1.pdf
    --
    stephen

Mountain Biking is 80% mental, 40% physical, and 20% skills... and that may add up to more than 100%, but I don't know.. I hit my head on a tree this weekend.

13. The following user says "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    Let me know when the work is scheduled for this year. I'd be happy to come out with my weed eater, and trim some trail. I've ridden enough, that I should chip in on the maintenance.
    roti maker

Thread Information