Thread: Enterprise Trail Conditions Here - Everyone Post!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 643 Posts

Enterprise Trail Conditions Here - Everyone Post!

Use this thread to update trail conditions at Enterprise

Chattanooga Weather

Thanks
    Rode This trail this past weekend and all I can say is WOW! It is a whole lotta fun!!!!
    A good ride, good friends and some great beer. Its why we ride....

Thanks
    Yep, been down there too! It's not quite long enough for the time it take to get there for me. Good trails that are very fast (machine cut).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,348 Times in 731 Posts
    Rode there 9-29. This trail has no long climbs, but has enough topo relief to keep it interesting. Builders used machines to build, and moved excess soil from bench areas to intermediate locations where they built smooth humps, and table tops. This makes for some fast and exciting whoop-T-doos. The trail is so smooth and fast, that you find yourself pushing hard to keep up the fun. I recorded 10.3 miles for one lap of all three loops, but I think we missed one loop that was not marked on the published map. It was a good workout, just because the trail makes you want to go fast. We were going to do a second lap, but then decided to explore Booker T. Washington, only about 15 minutes away. I will be back.
    --Bob S.

We need you all. Please join today.
    -- -------o----------o---------o------------
    '10 Santa Cruz Tallboy 29er - Seriously Loving it. -great bike.
    '05 Rnj Ano Santa Cruz Blur Classic,
    1987 Fat Chance 'Wicked'
    Spc'lzd Roubaix Comp road bike

Thanks
    Garrett and I took a trip here yesterday, two laps, weather was perfect as was the trail! Spoke with some Sorba members while we were there, informed us that they are working on another ten miles of trail on the outside of the fence at enterprise park. Also told is about five points trail on look out mountain, 22 miles and a little bit of something for everyone!!!!!
    A good ride, good friends and some great beer. Its why we ride....

6. The following user says "Thank You" to hydrospeed for this useful post:

Thanks
    I was working at an Amazon.com facility just a few miles away so I took my bike along for the trip to check this out. It's simple to navigate, very smooth and if you can keep your hands off of the brakes, extremely fast. There are signs pointing out the direction of travel on the trails depending on the day of the week that are very important given the speed at which you'll hit the downhills. Lots of other riders but because of the one-way riding, you hardly notice everyone else. I'll definitely go back.

8. The following user says "Thank You" to guseden for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,034 Posts
    I might hit this one Tuesday -any locals available for an early afternoon ride???

Steve
    Big Caveman - 2012 Specialized Epic Expert 29er and 2006 Santacruz Superlight - custom burple color
    Little Caveman - 2010 Voodoo Hoodoo 26'er - Steel is Still Real / custom build

…but on Voyage 34, he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing (Porcupine Tree).

Friends of Shutes Branch Blog
    http://shutesbranchmtb.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,034 Posts
    WOW - what a fun trail. Over 10 miles of high speed bliss. Totally agree with all that was said before me - fast, flowy, easy uphills, fast down hills, nice woods, quiet (except my freewheel on the down hills), and convenient to a job site today - a nice "lunch break". I also like the one way which changes, i.e., CW on Tue, Thur, Sat ----- CCW Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. It would be scary to run into someone going the other way! Also, there was a small pumptrack and the bunker located beside it was open - cool echo-o-o-o-o-o.

Steve
    Big Caveman - 2012 Specialized Epic Expert 29er and 2006 Santacruz Superlight - custom burple color
    Little Caveman - 2010 Voodoo Hoodoo 26'er - Steel is Still Real / custom build

…but on Voyage 34, he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing (Porcupine Tree).

Friends of Shutes Branch Blog
    http://shutesbranchmtb.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Got back out to this trail yesterday. It's my favorite. Rode everything twice and the Black Forest Mtn loop a third time. Trail conditions are dry and chalky in most spots, so some loose corners but super fast and fun.
    Graham

'08 Specialized Epic Comp
    '00 Fisher Kaitai
    '06 Trek Pilot 5.0

Thanks
    I got a chance to ride these trails over the weekend while visiting a friend down there. Killer trails, well maintained, lots of whoop jumps. I guess it could be described as Lock 4 on steroids (bigger, faster, better). My friend was a local and claimed that we did not need a map. It had been a while since he had been there and we had to ask other riders for directions, trails are marked at intersections but can be confusing your first time if you don't have a map. It's about a 2.5 hr drive to get to the trailhead from La Vergne, if you get a chance go check it out.
    I'll huff, and I'll puff, then I'll bomb down the hill!

08 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

13. The following user says "Thank You" to BigFisher for this useful post:

Thanks
    Big shoutout to the park rangers at ESNP, several of my friends and I were unaware of the horrendous and imminently approaching weather system. The ranger approached us and was very friendly in his warning to watch out.

Other than that, I rode last saturday, and the new connector trails are awesome. The trail system has essentially been turned into one large (10 mile) loop instead of the three individual loops. On Saturdays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, there is a sweet descent into the gravel parking lot.

Thread Information