Thread: Monday mid-morning 05-07-07 RIDE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 419 Posts

Monday mid-morning 05-07-07 RIDE

I'm going to ride somewhere... CT or MB or L4, not really sure - HC is trashed after the rain.

I have to be back by 5:30PM to pick Wifey up... that's all.

And again - Monday the 7th.

Anyone...

Anyone...

Bueller..?

P.S I ride a Huge Red Remedy66 - So I won't be the fastest guy around!
    Proudly servicing the needs of many at The Bike Shop of Johnson City
    AKA: The Bike Wisperer, Credit to: Brian Wray & Co.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 884 Posts
    Hey Travis!!

Danno is planning to ride sometime around 1:00 tomorrow. the time is not set in stone, so it's not technically posted - just some shoutbox talk.

I plan on taking the SS out there and trying to climb some hills if possible, and get beat up on the flats, ruts, bumps, etc..!!

If we haven't talked by then, and you haven't found a crew to ride with - definitely give me a call so we can hook up! Maybe carpool?

WooHoOO!!
    Signature:
    _________
    Reed Lilley
    "Dead last is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start."
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thanks
    Where - call me in the AM

Thanks
    I'm Riding L4 tomorrow morning.. around 10ish. that maybe too early for you, but I am planning on doing 2 laps and seing as I will be taking my time tomorrow, Maybe i'll catch you out there if thats where you end up

Thanks
    Whatever you guys ride please post back some conditions. I about lost it trying to ride the greenway yesterday with all the small children, dogs, roller skaters, etc.

Thanks
    Oops!! My apologies!!! I was tired last night when I posted that and forgot to mention it was probably going to be Chickasaw Trace!!

I haven't talked with Danno yet to get the final plan... Danno!?!

If it gets much closer to ride time, I'll give him a call and see what's up!
    Signature:
    _________
    Reed Lilley
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thanks
    UPDATE -

Chickasaw Trace at 2:00!!

Give me a call if you'd like...517-0two46
    Signature:
    _________
    Reed Lilley
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thanks
    Reedly,

It was nice to meet you today. Hope you had a good ride!

DM

Thanks
    Fun Riding with you today Travis.. I wish I could have caught on video some of Brian's crashes today... he is slowly adjusting to clipless pedals

Thanks
    Daniel - Great to finally meet you out at MB too!! And your brother-in-law right? Make sure he gets signed up on the board!! HAHA! Whenever you want to ride hammy - just post up, or shoot me an email!!

Jimi and Travis - where'd you guys ride today? The plans all got made pretty late and hap-hazardly - sorry bout that!

AND>>>> So the plan was to meet Danno at 2:00 at Chickasaw Trace...So it's about 2:15, late as usual - and I realize I'm on I-40, almost to Dickson!! Wait - Holy cow...am I going to the wrong trail!?! Yep! I drove completely in the wrong direction today and ended up riding Monty Bell by myself this afternoon on the new surly!! Hahaha! Oops!

I learned today that my legs and arms need to work together on hills and uphill switchbacks, and even if they do that, it doesn't mean I'll make it up them every time!! Holy lots of pedal-pushing for 2 inches of movement per second. I had a great ride out there - as far as training goes, but I will NOT be riding out there for a while with this 32/16 dealio! I got some sweet Chris King gears from Patrick tonight. THANKS!! A 16, 18, and 19. That 18 is going on right away until further leg muscles get built up!!

Got bucked off the bike today when my handle bars slipped loose at the stem. They slipped down into the cockpit and I lost all control sliding out right before a nice sized tree. Lucky!! time for a new stem and bar combo!! All in all, a good 15 mile ride, and lots of tired muscles.
    Signature:
    _________
    Reed Lilley
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedly View Post
    Daniel - Great to finally meet you out at MB too!! And your brother-in-law right? Make sure he gets signed up on the board!! HAHA! Whenever you want to ride hammy - just post up, or shoot me an email!!

Jimi and Travis - where'd you guys ride today? The plans all got made pretty late and hap-hazardly - sorry bout that!
    We rode what parts of L4 that were ridable. on Trail 3 i believe there is a tree down, and one section was completely under water... literally turned into a swamp. But other parts weren't so bad, made for a decent ride.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Hendrix View Post
    Fun Riding with you today Travis.. I wish I could have caught on video some of Brian's crashes today... he is slowly adjusting to clipless pedals
    Good to meet Brian and it was a fun time - glad to share some pointers with you all.

Had to break early though, Freelance stuff.

I was blown away at the, "POND" in the middle of the trail!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,378 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedly View Post
    Got bucked off the bike today when my handle bars slipped loose at the stem. They slipped down into the cockpit and I lost all control sliding out right before a nice sized tree. Lucky!! time for a new stem and bar combo!! All in all, a good 15 mile ride, and lots of tired muscles.
    sounds like the bike was rejecting you like the body does a transplanted kidney. Perhaps you should just give it back.

Just kidding. I got my SS fix on a rigid Redline Monocog 29er. Steve from WnW let me ride his. He had it geared 32/17 which is pretty darn tall for a 29er. Lots of fun and pretty cheap too. I was within 2 minutes of my usual loop time at LBL on it and i was just cruising and having fun. I'll be getting a 29er soon.

Glad everybody had a good ride. Mine kinda sucked. the plan was for 3 laps at LBL about 34 miles. I parked at the bike shop and road a little over a mile to the bridge trail head. First lap was on Steve's 29er SS and pretty fast. Second lap, back on the HIFI, i hooked up with a friend at the bike shop and did a slower paced lap. After the second lap he split and i was on my own. I was riding counter clockwise and since i started at the bridge the hills came first. I felt a little weak going into the hills and by the time i made it to the north welcome station i was dizzy, dry, and spent. The north welcome station is several miles from the bike shop by road. by trail its about 8 miles. There was no way i could have made it. I had to bum a ride to the bike shop from somebody.

On the way home i drank tons of water, one power aid, one bottle of endurox r4, one extra large iced tea (unsweeted), ate a chicken sandwich, a large fry. When i got home i showered up and went to diner with the finace and ate again. Feel much better now.

Sorry for being long winded.

Adam

Thread Information