Thread: Chickasaw Drop

Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 884 Posts

Chickasaw Drop

Just went out to Chickasaw for the first time this year(crazy!). We had a great time, and I found out today that I really missed that trail!! It's not just all of the great new features out there...it's just a great fast trail that I haven't ridden in forever. It couldn't have hurt that there were lots of new jumps, a sweet, awesomely built drop that you can hit as fast or as slow as you feel comfortable with and still have a great time. The bridge over that HUGE tree is a blast to ride.

Thanks to everyone who is working so hard out there to make Chickasaw a blast to ride!!

Here's a video of myself and Kyle hitting the gap drop. We stayed there for about an hour just hitting it over and over, getting the courage to go faster and faster. Amy also hit the drop a few times and rocked it!! We just didn't get the camera out until later, so there's no video of it!! :-(

Thanks again to the trail builders out there for all of your work!!

Signature:
    _________
    Reed Lilley
    "Dead last is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start."
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

2. The following 13 users say "Thank You" to Reedly for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,378 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Nice work!

I hit that one hard enough to get air but not hard enough to make it to the transition resulting in my worst wreck this year. I rolled it on the first lap. On the second lap I decided to hit it and thought that the jump dropped you right at the transition. Turns out there is about 6 feet of flat to clear so I landed on the front wheel expecting a smooth landing and sort of cased it. Inadvertent nose wheelie for about 3 feet. The rear end came down by then I was crooked and had a nice low side crash down the little hill. Battered, bruized, cracked brake lever, but I survived.

Adam

4. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to meanjoe for this useful post:

Thanks
    What section is that at? I need to get out there soon!

Middle TN Gravity Pics / Vids

'14 Turner Burner
    '08 Turner DHR

Thanks
    Mile 1 sign is at the jump.

7. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to CCzarnik for this useful post:

Thanks
    Riding out there today @430. Everything but that jump that is. I'm done leaving the ground (except by accident). These guys have done a great job with this trail this year, I know it couldn't have been easy.
    Bryan

Thanks
    We are really glad that everyone is enjoying the trails and the new features. As most of you know maintaining a trail system is a ton of work and we couldn't do it alone - so thanks to everyone who has been putting in the hours to keep Chickasaw in such good shape. We are having another work day on September the 10th and would appreciate all the help we can get in getting the trails ready for the Jailbreak race that is taking place on September the 24th. I'll put the details about the work day up on Upcoming Events and you can get the info about the Jailbreak race on the Columbia Cycling Clubs website.

Also if you have any suggetions for trail improvements let us know and we will take them into consideration.

-vic

10. The following 6 users say "Thank You" to chancho for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meanjoe View Post
    Nice work!

I hit that one hard enough to get air but not hard enough to make it to the transition resulting in my worst wreck this year. I rolled it on the first lap. On the second lap I decided to hit it and thought that the jump dropped you right at the transition. Turns out there is about 6 feet of flat to clear so I landed on the front wheel expecting a smooth landing and sort of cased it. Inadvertent nose wheelie for about 3 feet. The rear end came down by then I was crooked and had a nice low side crash down the little hill. Battered, bruized, cracked brake lever, but I survived.

Adam
    It's good for you...builds character. I thought those 29" wheels were just supposed to roll over bumps!

chancho - I LOVE the fact that you guys are adding really fun features to an already awesome trail! All of us who are 'jump inclined' truly appreciate it, (even when we find ourselves in the dirt ).

I have really enjoyed the stuff that you guys built in the last year or so, but I haven't been out there in quite a while, so I'm really looking forward to the newest features!!

What's more fun than a fast and flowy trail? A fast and flowy trail with options that allow you to push yourself technically as well as physically! THANKS!!
    Last edited by TryFour; 08-15-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Had to comment on how awesome this all is!

12. The following 5 users say "Thank You" to TryFour for this useful post:

Thanks
    That drop looks awesome! I have to admit, I live in Williamson county and haven't been out there since early this spring, but it sounds and looks like I may have a new favorite (local) trail!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
    That drop looks awesome! I have to admit, I live in Williamson county and haven't been out there since early this spring, but it sounds and looks like I may have a new favorite (local) trail!
    Would you do it with your hands on the hoods or down in the drops?

15. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Wheezer for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheezer View Post
    Would you do it with your hands on the hoods or down in the drops?
    On the hoods first, then maybe on the drops after I master it on the hoods!

Thread Information