Thread: Women's shorts

Thanks

Women's shorts

I know, there's a whole sub-forum for apparel but come on!! Have you seen the reviews on women cycling shorts? I can't find good reviews for stuff in my price-range to save my life.

I'm brand new to this so any advice from experienced ladies would be super appreciated.

I'm looking to spend less than $40 on some shorts - and preferably ones that aren't just liners or undershorts - but that have a good fit, are slightly baggy w/ a definite liner inside. Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    I've found some Fox shorts for less than $50 before but to be honest, they STINK! Both the pad and the fit make them my last choice to wear. I prefer lycra but have found SheBeest to be my very favorite. Sugoi make some nice baggies for ladies. Also, Louis Garneau and Pearlizumi make quality products but seem to be very high waisted on me. Terry makes great saddles, although I've never tried their shorts they have some good sales. You might also check out Huck N Roll for discount gear...

Save up a little more and get some good quality shorts...you won't regret it. I can get by with two pairs, one to wear while the others are drying. Good luck...let us know if you find something you would recommend...I'm always on the lookout.

Thanks
    The only time I've found anything in that price range has been at REI on their sale rack - then its hit and miss if they fit - but that is probably your best option if you can only spend that much. Most of my shorts are Terry and I like them very much - their leg bands are wide and don't roll or chafe (sp?). Terry also has a Monday special, if you sign up on their website - but I haven't purchased anything yet - so I don't know the prices.

I think - as MtnBkrNic says - saving up to make an investment is worth it. Before I knew what I was doing, I spent $60 on a pair of shorts on sale Dicks - and they turned out to be for Tri riders. Pretty useless for me on the trail. But, if you buy good ones and hand launder them, they will last a long time. Mtb'ing isn't cheap - in case you haven't already figured it out.
    Lisa

"These days, my bike acts as my wheelchair, my gym & my church, all in one." Bill Walton NBA Hall of Famer & Avid Cyclist

2011 Specialized Myka 29er
    2009 Gary Fisher Piranha (Iona)
    2009 Trek 3700

Thanks
    No, it isn't cheap at all... I'm already spending so much every where else I can't justify spending that much on a pair of shorts. I'll take your advice & save up for a pair, though.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Thanks

Womens shorts

I wish we had been drawn against Norton & Stockton Ancients

What a great name

Thanks for the updates on the womens team

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information