Thread: Anyone do a little running for cross-taining?

Thanks

Anyone do a little running for cross-taining?

I'm Runnin' to Beat the Blues this weekend. I just got into running in the past three months and wanted to know how many of you use running as tool for anaerobic workouts.
    Thinking about trying out a sprint triathlon. Has any one of you done one?

Any advice?
    Stupid hurts!

2. The following user says "Thank You" to wareagle2005 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 884 Posts
    I've been doing some running for about 6 months now. Really took a liking to it. At this point I suppose when I bike it's considered 'cross training', lol!!

I'm also doing the Runnin' to beat the blues race this weekend - but the 1 mile. Just excited to go see how fast 1 mile can go at this old age!! I've got high school times to compare to (20 years ago, ugh) - but I don't plan on ever catching those again!! haha

Don't really have any thoughts on your question about sprint tri's, or using running as anaerobic workouts - but just thought I'd say good luck at your race this weekend!!
    Signature:
    _________
    Reed Lilley
    "Dead last is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start."
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

4. The following user says "Thank You" to Reedly for this useful post:

Thanks
    Some running, Reed?

I started doing a few sprint tri's the last couple of years. It's fun and I found it to be a good way to stay motivated and cross train over the winter. I targeted a few early season races that gave me a goal through the winter. Once the weather broke and the trails dried out, all I wanted to do was ride anyway. There are plenty of good sprint events locally. The Team Magic events are well done http://www.team-magic.com/. The Mach Tenn in Tullahoma is a great venue and very well organized http://www.machtenn.org/triathlon/default.htm. To mix in some off-road, the Lock 4 Xterra is a lot of fun as well http://thebikerschoice.com/sites/def...ra%20Flier.pdf

6. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Wheezer for this useful post:

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts
    I runs bit as well mostly todo something different, mostly distances under 10 miles. I like it from a something new perspective. Good luck this weekend!

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

8. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Paddlechris for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle2005 View Post
    I'm Runnin' to Beat the Blues this weekend. I just got into running in the past three months and wanted to know how many of you use running as tool for anaerobic workouts.
    Thinking about trying out a sprint triathlon. Has any one of you done one?

Any advice?
    I've done several Sprint Tri's and all were fun. Usually an hour to a hour and a half is all its takes to do one.Kinda fun trying to be fast in all three sports.

My first one the swim was on a lake and luckily I had swam the route several times before the race, an open water swim can be intimidating.We swam out around an island.

I still run as its easier than riding.....I can wake up early and run right out of my door and be back before breakfast. Putting on a pair of running shoes is waaaayyyy easier than > Bike shoes-helmet-gloves-check air pressure-lube chain etc-etc.

10. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to super-moto for this useful post:

Thread Information