Thread: Any interest in a group social Chicks + Cycles + Cuisine ride?

Thanks

Any interest in a group social Chicks + Cycles + Cuisine ride?

UPDATE 2.18.2013!

I've been working too much and riding too little (actually, not at all, to be honest), but to update those ladies who were interested last Autumn, this ride will likely still happen in an all ages/all skills/all levels format sometime this Spring.

At the last Harpeth Bikes/IAMRacing meeting I attended in December, this very kind of get-together was discussed. I regret that my work commitments have kept me from being able to ride or participate in any more meetings, but I will reach out to Emma Cribb, who has signed on with the shop, and see what she has in mind. Keep you posted...
    Last edited by Katy; 02-18-2013 at 04:36 PM.

2. The following user says "Thank You" to Katy for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    I'm in!

(just kidding)

Gary

Thanks
    Sounds like a great idea, Katy! I'd definitely be interested in joining as well as this awesome food you speak of! I do have a few crazy months ahead but if I'm free, I'm game to ride and eat.

Thanks
    SO in! Can maybe get some other Menstrual Cycles girls out too. Especially if the trail we end up at is cross bikeable so I can loan out my mountain bike.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica View Post
    SO in! Can maybe get some other Menstrual Cycles girls out too. Especially if the trail we end up at is cross bikeable so I can loan out my mountain bike.
    Katy,
    I'm in if I have free time! I'm pretty slammed but I will be free this Monday (labor day) if you or any other ladies want to ride. The food sounds very gourmet! Yummie!!
    Post up or call/text!
    Yvonne

Thanks
    Looks like we have some interest - Yay! I should know my September/October/November work and travel schedule in the next couple of weeks. Early Autumn can be a busy time for everyone, I know, but we could throw a few possible dates out there and see who can make what days and go from there.

For those who don't know me, we're the ones with the farm - Sunnymeade Farm. The menu may vary a bit depending upon what's still growing when we get this together, but I'm open to suggestions and will absolutely accommodate special diet requests.

I'll post up here as I get more information together, but please feel free to email me, sunnymeadefarm@hotmail.com, as well.

And Gary, I regret that this one's for the ladies, but I will totally make you a take-away plate. No one needs to know that you eat quiche and girly salads with unpronounceable gluten-free toppings.

8. The following user says "Thank You" to Katy for this useful post:

Thanks
    Hey Katy,

Are newbies welcome ?
    If so I am game
    I do have a bike

Thanks
    Hey dterrilee!

Yes, of course! Rides like this are much more about camaraderie, good food, and getting women of all ages and abilities out on the trail.

Groups tend to form naturally during a ride. With so few female MTBers on the local scene, that may mean you're only riding with one or two others, but no one will leave you behind (they call this a "no-drop" ride, if you aren't familiar with that term yet), and you won't be left alone to find your own way back to the chow, even if that means that I ride with you.

Again, it's not about fitness, competition, or training, but fun, food, and making trail friends!

Thanks
    If get another group ride booked let me know, I'd love for my wife to try MTB with some other ladies so she doesn't feel like she's slowin me down or making me not have fun. She's logged about 3 miles total MTB bike so be major newbie but. As long as she's riding I never mind the pace.. Just post p and maybe I'll convince her to get out and ride.. Thanks .. Ps more ladies out on trails the better. My daughter can't wait to get out again and she's 5...
    2012 YEYI ARS-5
    2012 Kona Jake CX
    2006 trek 4900, fox rlc 100mm, Chris king headset, axonic outlaw wheel set.

Thanks
    Hey Garrett,

When we (the interested parties) started trying to schedule this ride, we realized how difficult it would be for groups of different abilities to ride together at the same trail because there are so few of us on the local scene. So, what we're going to do instead is offer a beginner's-only ride/mini-skills clinic in the Spring. Totally non-stress, very fun, emphasis on getting ladies out on the trail. I, or one of the other advanced ladies, will lead.

Keep you posted...

In the meantime, you intermediate/advanced girls, my schedule at work is awful for the next couple of months, but it will be better in December. I could always bring the menu listed above to Snake Creek Gap!

13. The following user says "Thank You" to Katy for this useful post:

Thanks
    IN!

Thanks
    Hi!

This sounds awesome! I would love to try this out. It's a really great idea. It would be great to meet some new people, ride, and enjoy some tasty treats!! Let me know, if you decide to get this together please!

Cara

Thanks
    Cara,

Of course you are welcome to attend! We would be happy to have you.

All,

Looks like this is still in the works for Spring 2013. Skills clinic (bike handling and basic mechanics), fitness/training tips, tasty food, and camaraderie. Details to come!

Happy Holidays to all of you, K

Thanks
    I'm relatively new to this site and don't know if this is still in the works but I'm interested also.

Thread Information