Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something I've noticed....

Thanks
    If anyone is venturing on FB feel free to chat it up in this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/167290970085521/

Slow-Motion

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I know I saw another post in my inbox on this thread. Guess it got deleted. Yes, it was funny and someone needs to relax and understand that this is all in good fun. Thick skin required at times.
    Robert you are not the only person saying thick skin is needed or required for this forum. I guess I was under the assumption that this forum was a good one to talk about mountain biking without all the snide/snarkness and trolling on some other sites, sites that I have grown sick of. I like to ride my bike to relax and have an enjoyable time and it's nice to post on a forum and talk about the good times that I've had.
    Members/mods/admins keep stating this is a great forum but I have yet to figure out if that's true.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    Maybe it's not. I'm relatively new to the forum and have found that, as in life, you get what you give. I use the trails, so I maintain the trails that I primarily use. In my opinion, if one does not do that, one has no right to speak or complain. So, to all, put up or shut up. I feel completely free to ride in whatever condition there might be, BECAUSE, I am willing and prepared to repair what damage that I may cause. What about you and the rest of the community? Talk is cheap. I am up to my eyeballs with riders, ignorant and otherwise, having the attitude of "Ta hell with the trail, I need my miles in." Needless to say, they (with a handful of exceptions) have never lifted a hoe for maintenance. It is a matter of respect. If you don't get that...

Gary

4. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to homer for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 917 Posts
    Homer is right. I do as much as I can with the trails. I have cut out some trees, with a handsaw, that took quite awhile. I don't mud ride. I am not saying I have never ridden through mud on a ride. Sometimes, 90 to 95% of a trail is good to go, so I go, and so should most anyone. What I don't do is rail like a mad man in the muddy area or areas. I appreciate the time that so many, on this board, put in to trail work. If I have to get my miles in, that is what Percy Warner Park and other areas serve as. I cannot ride a trail every day even if it is perfect weather and lots of daylight. Beats me up to much and I feel that I have improved my fitness by riding The people, on this board, are nice but will mix it up a little. No harm in some good fun. If you this this board goes at it, you should log onto Letsrun.com. No mercy and no holds barred.

I also like it when Homer gets fired up. Nice to see the fire in him come out. Nice stuff from the old man and I can say that because I am older than him. Whew, this is a great forum. Cannot wait til the weather is nice and sunny and warm and dry and all we have to talk about is bumps and bruises from riding too fast for our own good. One side note. I rode 14 miles at Hope Park this evening and that little 2.8 mile trail is a good workout. It was a muddy in spots but was mostly tacky. Down along the river it never drains well. If you are close to this place give it a go. I like being able to only drive 15 minutes, from work, to get to a trail, in the winter. Thanks to those who maintain it. I picked up some deadfall but it was in pretty good shape.
    I am Facebook challenged.

6. The following user says "Thank You" to Robert for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkizer View Post
    If anyone is venturing on FB feel free to chat it up in this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/167290970085521/
    FB? I don't know this language or participate in the craze. I do understand the craze. Just not my style.

Thanks
    That's a closed group that you are the administrator/starter for. The term "Chat it up" must be very censored.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,216 Posts
    I miss being on NMB. Mountain bikers are such dama queens.... To my friend Robert. FB is both good and bad. I don't think FB it will last for me. I have a theory. Adults will ruin FB. Just like everything else. FB was started by young people for young people. FB has turned into the ulimate big brother. And it's the adults falt. Viva NMB.
    Did you hear the one about the guy on his death bed that said "I wish I would have worked more and rode my bike less". Said NO ONE EVER. -Jeff Scott

10. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Dook of Moots for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,870 Posts
    People on FB take that status bar waaay too literally.
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

12. The following user says "Thank You" to twolfcon for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by super-moto View Post
    Robert you are not the only person saying thick skin is needed or required for this forum. I guess I was under the assumption that this forum was a good one to talk about mountain biking without all the snide/snarkness and trolling on some other sites, sites that I have grown sick of. I like to ride my bike to relax and have an enjoyable time and it's nice to post on a forum and talk about the good times that I've had.
    Members/mods/admins keep stating this is a great forum but I have yet to figure out if that's true.
    It's funny that you complain about the attitudes of those on other sites (such as mtbr), yet based on the majority of your post, it appears that you could be the posterchild for mtbr.
    2010 Vassago Jabberwocky SS
    2006 Nissan Frontier

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcox View Post
    It's funny that you complain about the attitudes of those on other sites (such as mtbr), yet based on the majority of your post, it appears that you could be the posterchild for mtbr.
    Wow! I could be a poster child?! The majority of my post?(NOT) maybe the last 10 but not the majority.
    I never mentioned MTBR and it definitely was not a site that I was referring to.

Thanks

Re: Something I've noticed....

When keeping it real goes wrong...
    --
    stephen

Mountain Biking is 80% mental, 40% physical, and 20% skills... and that may add up to more than 100%, but I don't know.. I hit my head on a tree this weekend.

Thanks
    Ah, another calm day on the board.

17. The following user says "Thank You" to Robert for this useful post:

Uzzi is offline You have ticks on you because you didn't weed eat the trail
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,005 Posts
    You know part of the "drama" is when people don't know each other on here. I often forget that I'm not just posting to a group of 20 or so people that I know, but people that I don't know, may not know a lot of the history (which provides context) The drama usually subsides when we all ride together...more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzzi View Post
    You know part of the "drama" is when people don't know each other on here. I often forget that I'm not just posting to a group of 20 or so people that I know, but people that I don't know, may not know a lot of the history (which provides context) The drama usually subsides when we all ride together...more.
    Hypocrite!!!! << A joke. You are right about not knowing people, this forum shows 3772 members, so it's hard to know everyone.

Thanks
    Perhaps this forum isn't for you. You obviously have an axe to grind. You promised us you wouldn't post in this forum anymore on your other thread, so please keep your promise.

21. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Perhaps this forum isn't for you. You obviously have an axe to grind. You promised us you wouldn't post in this forum anymore on your other thread, so please keep your promise.
    Nah - this forum is starting to grow on me. I already broke that promise so why stop now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Lighten up or I'm gonna start talkin politics.

Gary

Thanks

--
    stephen

Mountain Biking is 80% mental, 40% physical, and 20% skills... and that may add up to more than 100%, but I don't know.. I hit my head on a tree this weekend.

25. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    Oh, speaking of not knowing people... I've had an attitude about a guy at the church gym that I go to, originating when, at the time, he reprimanded and evicted my 2 yr. old grandson and me from running around the (empty) gymnasium because my grandson did not have the "required" closed toe shoes. He had on sandals. I was speechless (which was good). We left, my boy crying. The "shoe Gestapo". I've tried to be cordial, since, but I don't care for this jerk. In the mean time, he has, reluctantly, given me requested access to a spin bike from a locked spin class room, because I pointed out that they had clipped pedals vs. the available others. Yesterday, (along side the gym director) he allowed me access. When checking in, the hostess had told me that he had just gotten back from a cruise. At the spin room, I asked him about the cruise. He told me where he went, ending with a trip to Disney World, for the first time, and mentioning that he stayed, on-site, at a hotel for retired U.S. military (among like others around the world). Ultimately, I learned that he served in combat in Viet Nam and retired a few years ago. I thanked him for his help and for his service to our country. He ain't so bad after all...

Gary

27. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to homer for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 718 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Needless to say, they (with a handful of exceptions) have never lifted a hoe for maintenance.
    Is this what Pimps do?

29. The following 5 users say "Thank You" to cooper58 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Lighten up or I'm gonna start talkin politics.
    Please no, not on this board. It's messed up enough, as it is.

31. The following user says "Thank You" to Robert for this useful post:

Thanks
    Think ill put on my a$$ whipin pants and go mud riding Saturday!!

33. The following user says "Thank You" to wintercreeper for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wintercreeper View Post
    Think ill put on my a$$ whipin pants and go mud riding Saturday!!
    Come on out, we are riding all day Saturday practice and racing Sunday
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Cooper, you ain't right...

Gary

36. The following user says "Thank You" to homer for this useful post:

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts
    Now that is funny WooTang!

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paddlechris View Post
    Now that is funny WooTang!
    Before Dave chappelle lost his mind...
    --
    stephen

39. The following user says "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    Threads closed and people banned. It's like I have a gift.

Thanks
    No Tim, the gift is not yours.
    Chris

"Mountain biking is about adventure and the rediscovery of your childhood freedom. It removes you from the daily grind and puts you in an environment with endless possibilities - wildlife, epic views, a personal epiphany about what really matters, and tasting your endorphins after a long, hard climb. The reward is looking back at obstacles, that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's possible." - Gary Klein

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 439 Posts
    I guess we need more places to ride in the winter. Seems like people getting all over worked.

Speaking of work come out to Bells Bend on Sun Feb 24th. Starting work on a new beginner's trail at the park there. Its a neat place and it is right next to the Cumberland, pretty sweet views.

-Austin

IMBA-SORBA Member - Join @ http://sorbamidtn.org/ and help us build trails

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
    I guess we need more places to ride in the winter. Seems like people getting all over worked.

Speaking of work come out to Bells Bend on Sun Feb 24th. Starting work on a new beginner's trail at the park there. Its a neat place and it is right next to the Cumberland, pretty sweet views.

If i win the lottory the first thing i plan on doing is building an indoor mtn bike park ..... who wants to buy me some lotto tickets?

Slow-Motion

44. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to kevkizer for this useful post:

Thanks
    If i win the lottory the first thing i plan on doing is building an indoor mtn bike park ..... who wants to buy me some lotto tickets?
    I'd really like to see a Ray's MTB park here in Nashville.

TC

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tee_cee View Post
    I'd really like to see a Ray's MTB park here in Nashville.

TC
    Or a Kevin's Mtn bike park ;) give me some hope Tom lol

Slow-Motion

Thanks
    I don't know that it would be feasible. Ray's works because he gets basically free rent and tons of sponsorships. Cleveland also has a real winter! November through March is basically not an option there. Don't know about now, but previous years he was only open in the winter. I think it would be better to work on developing more skills areas in our existing trails. But don't let me stop anyone's dream! If there was one built, I would certainly be a big customer!

48. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Whoa: Don't want to stir up old shiz, but I haven't been on this site in a long time because it just wasn't getting much traffic. I spent a lot of time on MTBR playing games, but the spam got so bad it's unbearable. A bunch of us MTBR guys started huckingkitty.com and it's been a lot of fun banter.

I'll start coming here more often to stir the pot

Thanks
    Be careful! You'll get banned!

Thanks
    ^Hahaha!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    ^Hahaha!
    You laugh - But they banned me for 7 days

Thanks
    I too was banned! That is the thanks we get for bringing some life back to this site! No good deed goes unpunished.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by super-moto View Post
    You laugh - But they banned me for 7 days
    I too was banned! That is the thanks we get for bringing some life back to this site! No good deed goes unpunished.
    The mods gotta have a little fun too.
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

55. The following 5 users say "Thank You" to twolfcon for this useful post:

Thanks
    [IMG]funny gifs[/IMG]

57. The following user says "Thank You" to super-moto for this useful post:

Thanks
    Ohhh, movies!
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

Thanks
    As far as the site goes... the more people the more post & info traded, I dig me some info trade'n, already found some food for thought on places to ride thats close to home, mostly I rode jeep trails, logging roads & gas/power lines so & real live bike path sounds kinda cool to me, but one of the best perks is most of the tribe here is at least semi local.

Spread the word & feel the love rite.

60. The following user says "Thank You" to FOX FIRE for this useful post:

Thanks
    A weekend with no mud? So weird seeing my bike with dust on it rather than dumb mud. But the mud that WAS on it wasn't from the holy, sacred "public" trails, but from private trails..and the damage was irreparable! And was so irreparable that I did nothing and still ride it! The horror!

Daylight savings time is for me, the best time of year and should be an MTBr's holiday! Loved the extra hour! Too bad it rained today.

Thanks
    Remember when ride'n in the mud was mandatory ?? any kid would wouldnt get muddy at every oppertunity was considered codless, "Mama said fo rme not to get muddy or she was gonna tear my turd sqeazer up.", nothing like get'n your mud on.

Just say'n.
    Ride fat boy ride.

Thanks
    Did you just say turd squeezer? That is a new one.

Thanks
    A new one to me, too. I think I pee-d a little.

Gary

Thanks
    I've heard - Turd Chopper - before.

Thanks
    I understand that every one dont live in the country & have acres of land to romp on, & have to ride on public trails that need to be maintained (by unselfish people mite I add) but sometimes wouldnt it great just to let the kid out of the box & just tackle some big muddy hill or come slide'n around a muddy bend in the trail.

get'cha one of those big muddy streaks all the way up between the back of your shoulders, its badge of honor, the official "been ther done that"mark.

Then again maybe I have the mind of a 12 year old.
    Ride fat boy ride.

Thanks
    I do that pretty much every time I race in the Spring!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FOX FIRE View Post
    I understand that every one dont live in the country & have acres of land to romp on, & have to ride on public trails that need to be maintained (by unselfish people mite I add) but sometimes wouldnt it great just to let the kid out of the box & just tackle some big muddy hill or come slide'n around a muddy bend in the trail.

get'cha one of those big muddy streaks all the way up between the back of your shoulders, its badge of honor, the official "been ther done that"mark.

Then again maybe I have the mind of a 12 year old.
    Not on this forum! TNMB is 100% ride in perfect conditions only after it is confirmed that said conditions are at 100%, and you have to have x-amount of trail maintenance hours to ride also......it's all in the rules.

Thread Information