Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Percy Warner - First Impressions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyDownhill View Post
    Uzzi, what you said about my climbing legs..... I don't climb a whole lot! If it is consistently up or a long climb, I hike it to save energy for the downhill parts. ( Also I ride a dj hardtail. Seats don't get any lower than that!) I think I just started with the wrong trial. At the opening I think I will get to the flow/ jhumpy stuff I want. And maybe some technical out of me on the black too!
    Still gotta climb a lot to get to the tetchy stuff. You can do it. I love the climbs.
    I am Facebook challenged.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzzi View Post
    Robert is bringing up when he passed me at Monty Bell. It is all those veggies he eats!
    You brought your name up. I never mentioned names.

Uzzi is offline You have ticks on you because you didn't weed eat the trail
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,005 Posts
    I only have a chance at trails like Hamilton Creek!

Thanks
    as far as some people hacking/removing features it usually isn't about their skill level I think its more about trying to send the message of they don't want people who like to ride those features on the trail....

5. The following user says "Thank You" to flatblackard for this useful post:

Thanks
    I know that I had permagrin for a good hour yesterday on my first ride! I love the Blue XC trail (Hookman) and also the Blue flow trails. Most definitely walked some of the black, but believe I'll work up courage to do more of that very soon having seen it for the first time. I went to bed dreaming about getting back today and then of course for the social Sunday. I wish there was another 4-6 miles of longer flowey stuff cut (think Jeckyl and Hyde at Oak Mtn), but that's not really a complaint when you just want more of a good thing. Accolades to all who helped make this happen!
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

7. The following user says "Thank You" to Tdub for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdub View Post
    I wish there was another 4-6 miles of longer flowey stuff cut (think Jeckyl and Hyde at Oak Mtn), but that's not really a complaint when you just want more of a good thing. Accolades to all who helped make this happen!
    I love me some Oak Mountain riding! I'm glad to know there are similar features at PWP! I can't wait to try it out!

9. The following user says "Thank You" to TNriverjet for this useful post:

Thanks
    Pw is easier flow wise than oak's lightning trial. Sorry but i scrub everywhere. I'm in the " scrub club "
    I have no clue what my signature should be….

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/treydownhill/

Thanks
    Trey - you mentioned that you "heard cars" Well, look at it this way, we have a trail IN TOWN. That means we get to ride more, it's closer, it's cheaper, it has jhumps , did I mention it's close? You don't really have all those things and NOT hear cars. Hearing cars can be a good thing!

12. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Yeah! I love how close how good it is for how close it is to my school. It's just usually when I'm in the woods, the only thing i want to hear is the birds, and deer, and trees blowing. I do not fancy the trains and car honks in the woods. But for being close and how good the trail is .... Its AWESOME!

Thanks
    I don't save energy for downhills, so much as a store it up by gaining elevation.

Sorry. Physics joke.

15. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    Gonna ride today, for the first time. Can't wait !!!!!!!

Lance Bowers

2018 Surly ECR 29+
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2013 Soma Fab Double Cross Disc

17. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Slick37075 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Depending on who you are riding behind, you may hear horns.

19. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks

Percy Warner - First Impressions

Rode it for the first time this morning - love it: the climbs and all!!

Middle TN Gravity Pics / Vids

'14 Turner Burner
    '08 Turner DHR

21. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Requiem for this useful post:

Thanks

Percy Warner - First Impressions

Amazing out there today! I lost count of how many times I rode Wabash. I'd have stayed out there all day if my legs would have let me.

It was awesome seeing everyone enjoying the trail. The guides were really helpful to those of us who hadn't been out there before.

23. The following user says "Thank You" to commodoremd for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick37075 View Post
    Gonna ride today, for the first time. Can't wait !!!!!!!
    Feedback!

Gary

JCoop is offline Wait, what are we talking about again?
    Thanks
    Rode out there for the first time today. What a fun trail. It has a bit of everything. As much as I loved the trail, I think the best part about it was the turnout. There were tons of people there. Saw a lot of familar faces today. Glad to see everyone was supporting this trail system and want to thank Sorba for putting on a great opening. Good job guys.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO

26. The following 6 users say "Thank You" to JCoop for this useful post:

Thanks
    Ok. That opening yesterday was sick. Unbelievable turnout, good times. It was great to catch up with everyone. Ahem. Now, the trails...

First of all, I'll start with the trail that doesn't get enough love - Hookman Hill, or the cross country trail. I love the fact that STT went in there and hand build this narrow, tight, classic feeling jewel. It's a good section to train on, a good place to get some really basic bike handling skills down on, and learn how to be fast on a trail.

Toybox Hill - Lets just say that a couple of the guys riding with me had never been on a machine built trail before. They came off this trail with permagrins, and they only got bigger as we rode further back. My own impression on this trail is there's just enough climbing involved to make it a good loop, and the down hill is really, really well put together. If more advanced riders don't think this trail is fun...you aren't going fast enough.

Hop Project - I rode this uphill twice, one I finished down hop project, and the next time I hoofed it down Hummdinger, but I'll focus on Hop Project for now. I think this is a fantastic name for this trail. For those who can deal with the bite, it's a very rewarding experience - much like the beer. I don't find myself on the ground much, but I got a line wrong in one of the turns going up this trail, and went down. Lots of practice at ending up on the ground over the years meant it wasn't really bad. I got out with just a little scrape on my arm, and no real bruises or anything going on this morning. I like the fact I can't clean 3 or 4 places on this climb, in spite of my experience. It's a challenge that will keep me coming back, as if the fun factor wasn't enough. The descent on this trail was ballin'. That's about it.

Humdinger - While I'm here...it's worth noting I did not have enough bike for the top part of this trail. My fragile cross country machine wasn't doing drops and jumps. But I rode/walked it anyhow. And I have to tell you, if Greg was here, he'd tell you the best worn in lines are pretty much all cheater lines on this trail right now. The drop zone has been understudied and is being under utilized. I can't wait to sort out my bike situation and pick up something I can throw down with on this trail. There will be some serious sessioning of lines out here. And probably a little bleeding. But lots of fun.

Wahbash - If anyone has ever wondered what the benefits of building with a machine vs building by hand are, look no further. This trail is a scream, even if I was holding back a little on the air stuff. Again, I don't really want to break another frame on my cross country bike. But if you need to learn how to rail a turn, this trail with either sort you out, or kill you. And by kill you I mean getting it sorted out is so fun, you'll die of exhaustion trying to get back to the top for "just one more...."

Guys, on the whole, yesterday was as much fun as I've had in a long, long time. Good people, good trails, good beer (a whole keg of Hop Project? Oh my giddy aunt...) - you really can't ask for much more.

A huge thanks to all the guys who made this happen - not just the people getting credit for the negotiations, but the people showing up for workdays to build the reciprocal trails we owe Nashville for this as well, Nashville parks and rec, STT for an awesome job building, as well as the TD guys responsible for the planning and layout...anyone I missed. Any everyone who showed up yesterday. I've never seen so many happy kids on bikes in one place. There might have been more kids there than take a kid mountain biking day.

28. The following 6 users say "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    First time through Saturday morning was too much fun. My wheels haven't left the ground that much since I was a kid...smiling the whole way through. Thanks!
    - Allen

Thanks
    Best part of these new trails is that I can see them from the back door of my house!!!!

31. The following user says "Thank You" to KWyer for this useful post:

Thanks
    Come over and ride with me Cheese.

Thanks
    Did u see me Cotharyus? I was in the full face helmet.

Thanks

Re: Percy Warner - First Impressions

Wheeeeee

Last edited by drwx; 10-28-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    --
    stephen

Mountain Biking is 80% mental, 40% physical, and 20% skills... and that may add up to more than 100%, but I don't know.. I hit my head on a tree this weekend.

Thanks
    Well Hookman Hill is my favorite because I love riding XC trails and I love the tightness of it. I was riding in North Georgia on Sunday so I missed all the hoopla. Not a bad trade off, imho. I like all the trails for different reasons but I can say that about most any trail I ride. You have to appreciate the difference in all of them. This is a well built trail system. I will offer one word of caution. The Trails on the deep wells side all feed into to one trail that takes you back to the trunk trail. That's 4 trails going into one and different points. Be careful and watch your speed and look to yield to other bikers that haven't taken this into account.
    Last edited by Robert; 10-28-2013 at 08:48 PM.

36. The following 6 users say "Thank You" to Robert for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyDownhill View Post
    Did u see me Cotharyus? I was in the full face helmet.
    Well, there were at least two people there your age in full face helmets. But I'm assuming you were the one on the DJ bike. The other looked like more of a beefed up XC bike.

Thanks
    Each ride I keep getting better at linking all the jhumps together. Hooked up with Chris Wilson, his buddy Tim and of course Jose! Jose! Jose! We did the XC loop, and rode the Blue FLows and the Black and Blue stuff. Too many people around to hit the line I want to hit going down blue. But that I will figure out on my next ride.

I see that it takes a brand new trail at PWP to get everyone in the MTB Community together. Great to see everyone and meet some new friends! Even talked to SwankMote for a bit and we had a very nice chat. How can you not like a guy who rides an Intense? We have to stick together around here.

39. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Great new trails close to home. There seems to be something for everyone. I rode two major loops with my son tonight for the first time. I'm excited to explore more of what is there. The rocky top climb is nice. None of the climbs seem to be excessive, and the reward of a downhill is always there.

41. The following user says "Thank You" to TNriverjet for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    Well, there were at least two people there your age in full face helmets. But I'm assuming you were the one on the DJ bike. The other looked like more of a beefed up XC bike.
    Yup that was me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Finally got my first ride in today with my son Charlie, his friend Hank and Scott, Hank's dad (and our very own NMA - Nancy's husband). It was a blast! Looks like it's pretty well packed in from all the riders. The first month has probably seen the same number of riders as Shutes in a year. This place will be great for spring training rides. We did the Wabash Cannon Ball 3x and it's a blast (my favorite). But, I need to get used to the jumps. I feel so old - LOL The Hop Project downhill was awesome too.

But one gripe - why did they do a two way trail that is this narrow and fast? This will keep it off the race circuit. I just worry about head-on collisions. I can't imagine what it will be like next summer on a nice Saturday afternoon with 50 to 100 riders on the trail.

Steve
    Big Caveman - 2012 Specialized Epic Expert 29er and 2006 Santacruz Superlight - custom burple color
    Little Caveman - 2010 Voodoo Hoodoo 26'er - Steel is Still Real / custom build

…but on Voyage 34, he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing (Porcupine Tree).

Friends of Shutes Branch Blog
    http://shutesbranchmtb.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNcaveman View Post

But one gripe - why did they do a two way trail that is this narrow and fast? This will keep it off the race circuit. I just worry about head-on collisions. I can't imagine what it will be like next summer on a nice Saturday afternoon with 50 to 100 riders on the trail.

Steve
    This has been a bit of a talking point for some of the guys I ride with. I was out there today as well - what a pile of riders! If I'd hit Lock 4 at that time of the morning (10 am) I'd have been alone for at least an hour. But there were 10 cars there, and I was in traffic immediately. I suspect you will see some widening of the trunk trail just from usage as riders pass one another. Until then, and even after that happens, sharp eyes for oncoming traffic will be the only way ride that trail.

As it happens, I even encountered a guy going backwards on Toybox today. What was that about?

45. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    So Steve you bring up a great point that is starting to make me think. Why the trunk trail? It is a super fun trail that you have to be very cautious on. There are a few place where you can really roll and get some speed only for someone to be climbing up going the other way. I hope we can figure something out. Perhaps make connectors to keep things 1 way - if that would even work.

I have also thought about why do we have two intermediate blue flow trails? Why not make one intermediate and one off the chain? Bigger gaps, steeper banks to keep more speed etc. Anyone thought anything similar?

And by the way, the trunk trail was originally cut pretty wide. Leaves and the "Lemming Effect" have made it appear narrow.

Uzzi

47. The following 5 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    I agree with you. If one PW trail was like the lightining trail in Oak mountain alabama that would be awesome. The lighting trail was very fast and could give you a lot of air. Uzzi is also right with the leaves making trail seem more narrow.

Thanks
    And my comment is more of an observation than a complaint.

50. The following user says "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    It is unfortunate that the "trunk" has such potential fun stuff (particularly heading east) that it has to be two-way. My understanding is that it's purpose is to connect to the greenway, somewhere to the west. I will say that I'm liking the separation of the different (type) trails. Do it all or do what you're in the mood for!

Gary

52. The following 5 users say "Thank You" to homer for this useful post:

Thanks
    I am just happy to have trails so close to home.

54. The following 4 users say "Thank You" to Robert for this useful post:

Thanks
    So Steve you bring up a great point that is starting to make me think. Why the trunk trail? It is a super fun trail that you have to be very cautious on. There are a few place where you can really roll and get some speed only for someone to be climbing up going the other way. I hope we can figure something out. Perhaps make connectors to keep things 1 way - if that would even work.

I have also thought about why do we have two intermediate blue flow trails? Why not make one intermediate and one off the chain? Bigger gaps, steeper banks to keep more speed etc. Anyone thought anything similar?

And by the way, the trunk trail was originally cut pretty wide. Leaves and the "Lemming Effect" have made it appear narrow.

Uzzi
    I really like your idea of increasing the difficulty of at least one of the flow trails. If nothing else making the banks steeper, which should be done on both flow trails in my opinion.
    -Kurt

13' Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC

Thanks
    I would agree with that as well. Sometimes I think the berms on toy box are the best ones!

Thanks
    I would agree with that as well. Sometimes I think the berms on toy box are the best ones!
    Hmm. I hadn't thought about this, but it DOES seem like I'm able to just let go and fly through the berms on toybox more easily than either of the blue trails. If one was going to be made more difficult/bigger, I'd say the one to the left from the top of the hill. That one is a little bigger anyhow.

That said, I honestly think there's still a little speed in those trails, and what's there will get better with speed.

58. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts
    Well I have stayed out of this for a while, but after 3 rides there I think I can give my thoughts.

First my thoughts on PW -
    Bravo for some flowy trails with some technical elements in them! I think the XC loop and the beginner loop get overlooked every time I go out those trails are nearly empty and everyone is hanging in the "advanced sections" these two trails are amazing and are not getting the love they deserve, what feels like hand built nice XC type trails ---- AWESOME. The trunk trail honestly gets me - it is a FAST trail with jumps and two way traffic - everytime I am out there I can not really enjoy this trail for what it has to offer, at least for me I want to FLY on this trail and when going back to the parking lot I want to air out those jumps, this is hard to do when that trail is full of beginners.

The Advanced side - these are fun the two option flow trails are awesome - I like (mentioned elsewhere) one of these should be a bit "bigger" or even labeled Expert with bigger jumps, berms, and gaps - but that is just me. The black trail is cool, short, and is a good mix of fun elements. A great job for Nashville. I personally (not complaining The trail rocks) would like to see some more build skinnies like a few feet high but less than 12 inches wide a good skills challenge, it would also be nice to have a nice 4 - 5 foot built drop to a built transition (I know but they did such a good job building this stuff it would be nice to have this as well).

So the "advanced side" draws a ton of people and I hear everyone say that there are plenty that have no business being out there - well you have to learn somewhere!! I kind of see this as the "beginner trail for elements" the stuff there is really not that hard and is doable by most people if they commit to it. so rather than tell people they do not belong I find that i spend my time back there showing people how to ride the stuff and even standing at the bottom of the "roll-able" sections to "spot" people as they give it there first try! Fun stuff.

The Overall - my big big rub is trail etiquette - with this trail bringing way more traffic than our normal trails and a lot of less experience riders there is a lot of poor trail etiquette - it makes me mad but I have to let it go. Also I hope that all the attention the more advanced sections are getting it shows SORBA and Nashville that the local scene wants to ride those kinds of trails lets face it the black and the flow trails get 80% of the traffic out there - that has to say something I have talked to people that have been there multiple times and have never ridden beginner or the XC loop! Hopefully this paves the way to more trails like this (and harder ones) in the near future or perhaps finally getting the permission for SORBA to add elements on other local trails (BTW you all want to build some elevated skinnies and drops I will be in for that work day)

Machine built trails I think people are now seeing how fast you can build and how fun they can be, nearly everywhere I go has trails built this way and hopefully we get more of them in Nashville as well!

The rest of our trails - people we will have great trails around and this one is new and novel because of where it sits, and what it has (an advanced side) but in the end Hammy, Lock 4, Long Hunter, Shutes, Cane Ridge, Chickasaw, Monty Bell - we have great choices close to home. I plan to still give our other trails some tire time and look forward to them not being so crowded!

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

60. The following 5 users say "Thank You" to Paddlechris for this useful post:

Thanks
    As far as trail etiquette goes, that goes for most areas I have ridden. I cannot remember the last time someone yielded trail to me when I was climbing. I will always let a faster rider pass. I also know when to walk my bike and I make no apologies for it. I like all the trails out there. I ride Hookman the most so it is getting a lot of love from me.

62. The following user says "Thank You" to Robert for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    It is unfortunate that the "trunk" has such potential fun stuff (particularly heading east) that it has to be two-way. My understanding is that it's purpose is to connect to the greenway, somewhere to the west. I will say that I'm liking the separation of the different (type) trails. Do it all or do what you're in the mood for!
    Totally agree, love the concept of the trunk trail ("Boulevard" I think it is called). Except for the fact that the Boulevard is so much fun and FAST and there will be (is) so many riders on the trail, for it to be two-way. There is a lot of unused land north of the Boulevard, between it and the pond. Build another trail parallel to it and they can both be directional, at least along the fast fun stuff. Plus there is also plenty of room for another loop trail around the pond. Just a thought.
    Last edited by e-fish; 11-13-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    ERIC
    A Shutes Branch Maintainer

Cannondale Trigger 29er 3

VOODOO Dambala 29" Ridged SS

Vintage MASI SS

Soma San Marcos, with vary nice shiny bits. My favorite ride!

Panasonic Tourist 3 speed cruiser (Way cool)

64. The following user says "Thank You" to e-fish for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 439 Posts
    Yes the trunk will connect the trailhead to the music city bikeway and the Warner roads near the Deep Wells entrance. They are still working on the intersection at Vaughn Rd where they are extending the Warner side at the new light on 100.

As far as making a new connector trail it wouldnt be impossible but I am not privy to the restrictions placed by Metro Parks on the land surrounding the pond. A new leg would have to be on the north(west) side of the existing connector trail as you said because of the proximity to the existing white hiking trail on the opposite side. Its possible the land on the northwest side is too low, bad drainage, etc... If a parallel leg of the connector would be constructed it could really only be in the section from the entrance of wabash to the exit of hookman mainly because of how tight the trails are to 100 and the connector at those points. I am not sure the rationale on having a two-way feeder with awesome humps (which are mainly for drainage btw). Darryl from Sorba probably knows and maybe he can enlighten everyone since I (and others) have heard that question a lot.

Side note: The trails actually made it on Google maps in the last 48 hours but they are incomplete and I think slightly off in terms of alignment. The connector from all the blues and black back to the connector is missing. Also the hop project climb is missing which is kind of funny looking. But pretty cool the trails made it that quickly on to the maps and you can see how the trails are packed in with not a lot of room surrounding them.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.07961...22681&t=m&z=16
    -Austin

IMBA-SORBA Member - Join @ http://sorbamidtn.org/ and help us build trails

66. The following user says "Thank You" to AustinB for this useful post:

Thanks
    One amendment, after having looked at the contour map of the area the section northwest of the connector is really flat and part of the connector, as you do the switch backs near the creek, is really close to the foot print of the pond at high level. So that may be the reason why there is only one trail in that section, a trail further west could be underwater when the pond gets high in the winter and after a lot of rain. Also the grade is bad which means water would drain away slower and possibly pool much easier on the trail tread. Doesn't mean you couldn't build some raised tread and/or boardwalks but that gets expensive fast if there is any height involved.
    -Austin

68. The following user says "Thank You" to AustinB for this useful post:

Thanks
    Why are we never happy with what we have? It has taken over 20 years for this to happen. Does everyone get that? I certainly understand why everyone wants what they want. Sometimes it is better to be satisfied with what is there. Personally, I don't do jumps but I am glad it is there for those who love doing them. Ride smart on the Boulevard because a lot of people will be riding and not thinking ahead. I may have to install the bell I have on my bike. I'll ring that sucker like a dog barking to be let out or come in.

70. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Robert for this useful post:

Thanks
    I'm sure it is because I may have a different worldview..but a government that funds things with OUR money doesn't "let" us do anything. That is not arrogance, because we all want to live in a civil society. But I don't view us as serfs that recreate at the behest of Metro Parks. No one is asking for additional land, just exploring how we can make the awesome thing we have better. And who says this design must be the one and only final design? If we find out it doesn't work, we can't explore making it better? t see this as a foundation to build from.

72. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    I'm sure it is because I may have a different worldview..but a government that funds things with OUR money doesn't "let" us do anything. That is not arrogance, because we all want to live in a civil society. But I don't view us as serfs that recreate at the behest of Metro Parks. No one is asking for additional land, just exploring how we can make the awesome thing we have better. And who says this design must be the one and only final design? If we find out it doesn't work, we can't explore making it better? t see this as a foundation to build from.
    And how can you turn this political so fast? Nice. Heck, I thought we were supposed to be content with just food, clothing, and shelter. Now, where could I have read that?

74. The following user says "Thank You" to Robert for this useful post:

Thanks
    Oh Robert..come on! I (and perhaps others) look at this differently. But to say we can't improve isn't greed, avarice or lack of contentment. Heck - I was content with Hamilton Creek! If we were to be content - then why did we pursue Metro to build this trail? And who gets anything 100% perfectly right the first time? If we should be content - why make any trail improvements ever? But for the record, I would be content if the trail stayed exactly as it is now.

76. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Just a reminder we still have a commitment to metro to finish bells bend and cane ridge. So let's let percy sit for a few seasons and then think about what we can change. Who knows maybe PUMP TRACK in Shelby park. Just had to throw that out there.
    SORBA - IMBA Member
    Never Never Never Give Up

Niner Rip 9
    Niner Jet 9
    Niner ROS 9

Thanks
    There is no harm is asking questions as to why the connector is two-way. A lot of people after riding it would love for it to be one-way, I know I do. There are reasons it is two-way I am not sure what they are. Hopefully I can get some more info as to why it is two-way and share it or have Darryl share it.

Bottom line is I am happy with what we have but there are some improvements to be made and there always are with new trails once people start to ride them. Maybe down the road we do end up adding another parallel route to make that section one-way on each side, who knows. For now just be careful and keep your head up when on the connector going 30mph.
    -Austin

79. The following 4 users say "Thank You" to AustinB for this useful post:

Thanks
    I could not be happier about the trails at PWP. As great as these trails are, I'm sure they are not perfect. It's fun and human nature to ponder how to make them better and over time we will. But not anytime soon.

But this Sunday we will all have the opportunity to show our appreciation and to make a really nice trail great. Just a reminder, Cane Ridge work day. Hope we have a good turn out. Almost forgot but we do have some other really nice trails around here.

Also join SORBA MidTN and donate to get our own trail building machine. Then we can build trails all over the place. I can just see some really nice flow trails going down the hill at the state capital!
    ERIC
    A Shutes Branch Maintainer

Cannondale Trigger 29er 3

VOODOO Dambala 29" Ridged SS

Vintage MASI SS

Soma San Marcos, with vary nice shiny bits. My favorite ride!

Panasonic Tourist 3 speed cruiser (Way cool)

81. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to e-fish for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,216 Posts
    I like it the way it is. I understand why its laid out the way it is. The easier and fastest loops are closest to the parking lot. That way if you only had a little bit of time to get a ride in. Or new to mountain biking. Maybe before or after work. You could ride the green and Hookman trail and ever really hit the truck trail. The loops get a little more difficult as you get further away from the parking lot. Or you can park at Deep Wells and go straight to the black diamond trail. The two way trail is fine IMO.i don't have a problem with it being two way. Just be looking out for other riders and stay in control. Don't have to be riding balls to wall all the time.
    I with Robert on the jumps. I'm too old , scared and/or wise for that crap. I have rode that section. I like it. I just ride around the jumps.

Also I would like to point out how professional and well done the climbs are designed. They are almost not climbs at all. They seem to almost carry you up the hill. Almost 2,000 ft of climbing and feels like 500 ft. Smooth, fast and no grinding climbs.

As a whole. This trail gives a little bit of everything for every ability and skill. It wasn't built to be a XC dream trail. Or a free ride park. So I say just get out there and enjoy this trail. And leave it the way it is.
    Did you hear the one about the guy on his death bed that said "I wish I would have worked more and rode my bike less". Said NO ONE EVER. -Jeff Scott

83. The following 9 users say "Thank You" to Dook of Moots for this useful post:

Thread Information