Thread: Clarksville North Ford Street Mountain Bike Trail Park Conditions - Everyone Post

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 643 Posts

Clarksville North Ford Street Mountain Bike Trail Park Conditions - Everyone Post

Use this thread to update trail conditions at North Ford Street

Clarksville Weather

Thanks
    Thanks! I cleaned up two down trees yesterday after the storms came through the previous night. A couple of slick spots, but otherwise the trail is good to go.

Thanks
    Actually seeing a fair amount of traffic out here. We haven't had any of the showers that have come through in the past couple of days, so every thing is dry and fast. Come get some if you're looking for a change.

Thanks
    what is the easy way to get to north ford street mountain bike trail park, I would be coming to Clarksville on 48 north

Thanks
    When you get the 48/Riverside intersection, take a left (follow the river) and go all the way down Riverside to Providence (this is the big intersection with hooters, McD's, etc - it's actually 4 different roads there, Riverside turns into Kraft on the other side, Second turns into Providence) take a left onto Providence, go up the hill to the first light (Beech) take a right, go to the second 4 way stop (E street), take a right, go to the T intersection (Ford St) take a left, follow the road down around a 90 degree turn where it changes to N. Ford, and just past the first left (Formal Dr) there's a gravel entrance to the parking lot on the left, marked with a large sign. Be aware that's a one way entrance, the exit comes out below the apartments, and you'll come back up Formal Dr.

6. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    Got a good shower of rain about 8 am this morning. It's a little slick in spots, and the RDX side trail should be completely avoided since the berm going into the drop is now getting it's first rain since it was built - it's going to be very soft for the next 24 hours.

Thanks
    Trail was perfect this morning in spite of a little additional rain last night. Please continue to avoid the berm at RDX if you head out there (it's on a B-line anyhow) and beware of the rocks - they can be slick when wet, but three people went around it this morning while was out there, and all had a great time.

Thanks
    A group of us rode the trail yesterday evening. It's in great shape with the light mist that hung in the air on and off most of the day, just beware the occasional slick rock.

Thanks
    TVA shows 1" of rain for Clarksville yesterday evening. The trail probably needs some time to dry out this morning, but if it doesn't rain any more, it should be ok this afternoon. That said, the big news is:

Another half mile has been added to the loop, so it's now a 2 mile loop with a .25 mile connector from the parking lot, meaning a once around gives you 2.5 miles, twice 4.5, etc. The loop that's just opened is slated to have a bit of a gap jump on a b-line, but it hasn't been built just yet because I'm waiting on the city to get me whatever combination of equipment they can shake loose to move the dirt for the jump. I'll post up more about that when it's nearing completion.

As ever, more trail is on the way. The next section (.2 miles) is tagged, flagged, and set to have digging start this week. This section will probably appeal to those of you who like seeing rocks in the trail....

11. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    Trails are clear and open as of this morning.

Thanks
    Trails are good so far.

Thanks
    I rode there yesterday . Its a fun trail liked not have to deal with hikers im going to start riding there more during the week.

15. The following user says "Thank You" to twall06 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Until it rains again, everything that's open should be good to go. Closer to the top two new sections are still closed because they're soft. Please respect the caution tape, and don't ride the closed sections.

17. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    We almost got a pass on the rain this morning. The little bit we got wasn't enough to make the trails wet enough for riding to hurt the trail. It did make it slick enough that riding the trail might hurt you. Hit it up if that's your thing.

19. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    Trails are good to go, some leaf cover, but the lines are pretty visible. New section of trail opened up Tuesday makes a 2.5 mile loop, for a 3 mile round trip from the parking lot once around, and back to the parking lot.

Thanks
    Some sections of the trail have significant heave from last night's freeze. Other sections are in pretty good shape. For the time being, the trail is closed. This our first round of freezing on some of these trails, and the first time others have frozen since they've had significant traffic on them, so bear with me while I figure out what they will and won't tolerate. I will error on the side of caution with closures for the time being.

Thanks
    Trails are finally in really good shape, all the way around. Still a few slick spots, but nothing that goes squish when you hit it. Noticed rolling resistance seemed a bit high, but that's to be expected. Opened a new section of trail yesterday afternoon. A full lap should now get you 3.2 miles, with 2.7 in the loop, and .5 in the connector.

23. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    Trail is clear, and open. A few soft spots still, but at this point the traffic will do more good than ill.

Thanks
    North Ford is good to go. If anyone wants to catch a ride this afternoon and get a guided tour, there's a group ride (which could end up being a very, very small group) at 4:30.

Thanks
    North Ford is dry, packed, and fast. Put in a couple laps last night and had a blast.

Thanks
    Rode last night and the trail was wicked good. Should be fast all weekend. Get some.

Thanks
    Rode this place for the first time a couple days ago. It was a blast! lots of elevation changes made it feel longer than it is (especially for someone out of shape like me). I wish it was closer.

Some sections had a lot of leaves on it to the point it was hard to see the trail but other than that it was great!

29. The following user says "Thank You" to thetimanator for this useful post:

Thanks
    I checked the trail last night, lots of sticks down and a tree I need to carry a saw in to clear, but other than a few slick spots it's good to go. If you're trying to ride today, it's an option. I'll be cleaning up this morning.

31. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    This trail continues to drain well. It's in pretty good shape, clear of trees and very rideable.

33. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    A few slick spots on the trail, but surface conditions are good, trees/sticks cleared, and it's open.

Thanks
    Temporary loop is complete out here. It's now a 3 mile loop with .25 miles of connector to the parking lot, making car to car 3.5 miles. Trail conditions as of yesterday afternoon were solid and fast except a few spots in the newest section, with large parts of the new piece of loop still burning in. Building of the .75 mile easy loop will start this coming week, followed by 2-3 miles of intermediate, followed by finishing the advanced side out to ~6 miles.

Thanks
    Just a note for those suffering trail closures due to rain - this trail has been doing pretty well, it's got some slick spots, but I haven't actually closed it due to rain yet, the only soft areas have been in drainages where silt has washed down in the rain. If you want the gamble, and you like technical riding (wet rocks/roots) you can probably hit this trail just about any time. If you have doubts or questions or just want to double check, hit me up on facebook (most of you I think know who I am) or shoot me an email at cotharyus@gmail.com and I'll let you know what conditions look like.

37. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    Just a note for those suffering trail closures due to rain - this trail has been doing pretty well, it's got some slick spots, but I haven't actually closed it due to rain yet, the only soft areas have been in drainages where silt has washed down in the rain. If you want the gamble, and you like technical riding (wet rocks/roots) you can probably hit this trail just about any time. If you have doubts or questions or just want to double check, hit me up on facebook (most of you I think know who I am) or shoot me an email at cotharyus@gmail.com and I'll let you know what conditions look like.
    would love to check it out, but 86 miles @ 1h38m from my house is just not doable most days.
    --
    stephen

Mountain Biking is 80% mental, 40% physical, and 20% skills... and that may add up to more than 100%, but I don't know.. I hit my head on a tree this weekend.

Thread Information