Thread: The New Guy

Thanks

The New Guy

Hello everybody, I am the new guy. I used to do a lot of riding at Hamilton creek. I had to stop due to work and bike issues. Slowly but surely I will get back on that horse. I'm Here to make good riding friends for when the time comes for me to start again. Also could use some advice for what type of bike I need to get. Thanks and hope I can get some positive feedback.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    Welcome, ric. I recommend getting a 29er, new or used, in a brand carried at the local bike shops. The latter could save your life. They are designed to take the punishment of trail riding. As to riding partners, on a nice weekend, go to Lock 4 and stand puzzled-looking at the trail head map. Someone will most likely be glad to show you around.

Gary

3. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to homer for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 917 Posts
    Also look at 27.5 plus bikes. I love my 29ers but when I ride my fatbike it's like being a kid again. If I get another bike, after I sell something, it would be a plus bike. So versatile. Just ride what you like and like what you ride. Gary is correct, get a good name brand as they will take the beating a lot better.
    I am Facebook challenged.

Thread Information