Thread: New biker here...

Thanks

New biker here...

Hi to all, my name is Kat. I live in Gallatin amd I am currently back in school for Physical Therapy. I am really wanting to get into Mtn biking as I love the outdoors and riding. Not a lot of experience other than just recreational riding so any advice would be much appreciated. I plan to start on the beginner trail at lock 4 hopefully this week. Any advice on safety of trails during certain time as I know my husband won't be able to join me all the time? Also if anyone would like to ride with me that would be awesome too. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    Welcome Kat! I'm not a girl, but thought I'd respond. Unfortunately, this forum, which was THE go-to place for mountain bike info and interaction for ten years or so, has been largely displaced by FB. Ugh… There are a few of us, hangers-on, that prefer this format. The remnant still post trail conditions and other info. Join Nashville Mountain Bike ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/nashvillemountainbike/ ) and you can maybe connect with someone. I do know that there are several young ladies (with varying skills) who regularly ride together at Percy Warner Park's bike trails and are very receptive to helping beginners learn the ropes.

To my knowledge, we have not had any issues at Lock 4, relative to women riding alone. It would benefit you to have someone show you around a time or two, just to be familiar. Lock 4, as most trails, can be confusing until you are familiar. Hopefully, someone will read your post and be able to ride with you. Go for it! You won't be sorry!

BTW- When the weather dries up, you can count on the parking lot being full of riders on the weekends. That's a good time to just show up and ask around for someone to show you around. I've obliged on countless occasions and would be glad to help, as would many others.

Gary

Thanks
    Awesome, thanks so much for the advic!! I'll definitely try to make it up there on a good weekend.

Thanks

New biker here

I started playing on IceCrown few days ago, so Im looking for new people to play with and level up with. If anyone here is around my level currently 58 feel free to join me

Thread Information