Thread: Defeated Creek May 2017

Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 1,512 Posts

Defeated Creek May 2017

Trying to make plans to do some pre-emptive maintenance next month. For years, from mile 5.5 to 7.5, there has been so much weed and grass growth during the summer that the trail has become impassable/un-findable.
    Three seasons ago, a group of us went up, cleared, and sprayed weed killer on this area with amazing results. The trail was accessible for the whole summer! I'd like to do this again. The problem is getting the equipment up there to do the job. Previously, one of the local mt. bike community brought his 4 wheel drive 4-wheeler with electric sprayer, full of herbicide. He drove, I sprayed. It was great. He has disappeared. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to provide the 4-wheeler for this effort? I will be willing to provide a tank sprayer and herbicide for the job if someone would be willing to help with the machine.

Short-cutting to the area is possible and I will be there to help with that. Probably looking at a 4 hour commitment upon heading in. Realistically, a day job, from home to home.

Thanks.

Gary

Thanks
    Talked to the man a couple of weeks ago about Defeated. He said he has 4 wheelers but needs a trailer to get it to Defeated. I don't have one but maybe someone nearby does. I think he lives between Sparta and Cookeville if anyone around the Cookeville area is interested in giving Defeated some love. I will send you a pm on how to contact him.

Thanks
    Just talked to George and seems you two have already talked about it. I hope someone can lend him a hand with a trailer. I wish I had one.

4. The following user says "Thank You" to mtcrosser for this useful post:

Thread Information