Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling all Williamson County Mtn Bikers - Post up

Thanks
    Six month update?

Thanks
    I just moved to thompsons station so I am definitely interested in this trail. Any updates?

Thanks
    I'm in. As long as i can add some jumps or drops

Thanks
    Im in Williamson

Uzzi is offline You have ticks on you because you didn't weed eat the trail
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Speaking of Williamson - anyone heard about these trails they are building in Brentwood? They are building a park at the end of Split Log on Wilson. Someone told me 50 miles of trails and some of the for MTB? Anyone know what is up?

Thanks
    Well, I answered my own question. From this link : https://www.brentwood-tn.org/index.aspx?page=756

Park Master Plan

The City of Brentwood recently completed a master plan to guide the future development of Smith Park. The plan calls for the park to be accessed from a new road that would connect to Wilson Pike opposite Split Log Road to create a four-way intersection. This new access road will include a bridge over the CSX railroad and elimination of the existing at-grade driveway railroad crossing. Planned internal park improvements include renovation of the Ravenswood home and surrounding historic facilities for use by the public for special events (i.e. weddings, corporate events, etc.), development of hiking trails and associated trail heads within the wooded areas of the property, construction of four unlit multipurpose athletic fields used primarily for practice purposes, and a paved multi-use trail that will connect to the City's existing trail network. The plan also includes an area reserved for possible development of segregated mountain bike trails.

Engineering and architectural design work is currently underway on the first phase of park improvements, to include the new access road, limited hiking trail development and associated parking area, renovation of the Ravenswood home and parking areas to support public use of the historic home. This first phase of improvements is scheduled to be complete and the park open to the public in spring of 2014.

7. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzzi View Post
    Well, I answered my own question. From this link : https://www.brentwood-tn.org/index.aspx?page=756

Park Master Plan

The City of Brentwood recently completed a master plan to guide the future development of Smith Park. The plan calls for the park to be accessed from a new road that would connect to Wilson Pike opposite Split Log Road to create a four-way intersection. This new access

road will include a bridge over the CSX railroad and elimination of the existing at-grade driveway railroad crossing. Planned internal park improvements include renovation of the Ravenswood home and surrounding historic facilities for use by the public for special events (i.e. weddings, corporate events, etc.), development of hiking trails and associated trail heads within the wooded areas of the property, construction of four unlit multipurpose athletic fields used primarily for practice purposes, and a paved multi-use trail that will connect to the City's existing trail network. The plan also includes an area reserved for possible development of segregated mountain bike trails.

Engineering and architectural design work is currently underway on the first phase of park improvements, to include the new access road, limited hiking trail development and associated parking area, renovation of the Ravenswood home and parking areas to support public use of the historic home. This first phase of improvements is scheduled to be complete and the park open to the public in spring of 2014.
    Wow. That is interesting. This does look good but will SORBA be with it? What will it be like? This sounds cool, but im curious.
    I have no clue what my signature should be….

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/treydownhill/

9. The following user says "Thank You" to TreyDownhill for this useful post:

Thanks
    Sorba has not been involved in this trail. I emailed the Parks Board president asking for more information. I'll see what he comes back with.

11. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts
    This is fantastic! it literally is 2 miles from my house...

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

Thanks
    In Williamson County. Within walking distance of the site mentioned on the 2nd page (Leipers Fork).

Thread Information