Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MyCyclingLog NMB group

Thanks
    so are we putting any mileage on ANY bike we ride? i might be able to add like 12 more miles or something...HAHAHA im excited, can't wait to get back to work to look at the log where i was writing my rides this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewieez View Post
    thanks for joining! I was about to take the log in info off this thread b/c no one had joined or replied here in a while but I'm glad I didn't!
    www.adoptiontour.org
    433.7 miles "a journey home"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taxday View Post
    so are we putting any mileage on ANY bike we ride? i might be able to add like 12 more miles or something...HAHAHA im excited, can't wait to get back to work to look at the log where i was writing my rides this year.
    Just log whatever bikes you own & log them into your ride.
    When you go to Reports it will show all the bikes you road & how many miles & your time.

Mike
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

3. The following user says "Thank You" to twolfcon for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,203 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Guys, if you want in the NMB Mycycling Group the password is: nmb2010
    Greg Lawrence
    SORBA Member

Quiring Ti 29er singlespeed
    Surly Crosscheck
    Soma 4one5 Polo bike

Check out my wife's jewelry line:
    FreshieandZero

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 503 Posts

Jeff Vs. Steven

Since Jeff's untimely retirement, Steven has been slowly but surely catching him in mileage on the cyclelog.

So, place your bets....

Jeff continues in retirement, yet holds a slight lead?

Steven surpasses Jeffs advantage and becomes the new mycyclelog mileage king?

Or Jeff has a mid to late season surge and gets mean on the bike again?

Either/or they are both freakin beasts on a bike.
    TIM

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" --- Chesty Puller, USMC

6. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Taco-Tim for this useful post:

Thanks
    My money is on my man Jeff.
    Niner EMD
    S-Works Tri-Cross

8. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to scuba steve for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,216 Posts
    I've been keeping my eye on Steven. I'm paceing myself for a late season surge. All my rides have been short and sweet lately.. I'm so sick of all my local routes and all the local trails. I'm really not very motivated to ride anything local right now. I even went on a canoe trip down the Harpeth today with my wife.

I think I'm haveing a mid life crisis. Just don't feel a lot of joy in my life right now. But I'll be back.
    Did you hear the one about the guy on his death bed that said "I wish I would have worked more and rode my bike less". Said NO ONE EVER. -Jeff Scott

10. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Dook of Moots for this useful post:

Thanks

I hear ya brother.
    I have yet to post my mileage this year which I estimate at some where around maybe... 30.
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

12. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to twolfcon for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,913 Times in 939 Posts
    Oh....I think Jeffy will return to dominance soon! What the heck else is his tired old self going to get into at his age?

On the other hand, Scuba has the advantage of his wife being a racing phenom so she will most likely require him to ride a lot....LOL

Surely this will be an epic battle to the finish of 2010!
    Kelly Benward
    Team RideforReading.org

14. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to FullSquishy for this useful post:

Thanks
    I thought I would bump this up for those who are new to NMB. I know there are a lot of good new riders out there this year. Just thought some of you might want to be on My Cycling Log for 2011.

FYI- I'm gonna have different goals for 2011 than just logging miles. I'm gonna be more concerned abouts hours of activity than just miles on the bike. Not sure I will even log my miles this year. I'm back to working out/weights, trail running, indoor rowing, and super secret ninja training.

BTW-I had logged about 1800 miles by March. Went into a funk after Cohutta in April. Went through some mental and physical issues. And didn't really start feeling well until Oct... Balance will be the key for me in 2011. I'm working on some new goals for this year. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming year.
    Did you hear the one about the guy on his death bed that said "I wish I would have worked more and rode my bike less". Said NO ONE EVER. -Jeff Scott

16. The following 9 users say "Thank You" to Dook of Moots for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 718 Posts

Thanks
    How would one join this elite group? I'm a mileage nerd, so I'd love to join.

Lance Bowers

2018 Surly ECR 29+
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2013 Soma Fab Double Cross Disc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick37075 View Post
    How would one join this elite group? I'm a mileage nerd, so I'd love to join.
    Look at the first post in this thread Lance.
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

20. The following user says "Thank You" to twolfcon for this useful post:

Thanks
    The pressure to be No 1 is too much for me. Logging my miles was bad for my OCD in 2010.. I think I log almost 4800 miles last year.See my post above for explanation.

I got a feeling "Super Cooper", Special Mike and PC/aka Paddlechris will be the top loggers in 2011. And Steven Myers if he logs his miles.

Andrew/aka Diesel was No. 1 for a day. But i think his reign is over. Too many family and horse duties for Andrew to keep up.
    Last edited by Dook of Moots; 01-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.

22. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Dook of Moots for this useful post:

Thanks
    I plan to log my activity differently this year too. I am going to log hours rather than miles. I do so many other activities it will be a better way, I think.

Anyhow, good luck to everyone with what ever your goals are this year.
    TIM

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" --- Chesty Puller, USMC

24. The following user says "Thank You" to Taco-Tim for this useful post:

Thanks
    I just plan to cheat!
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

26. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to twolfcon for this useful post:

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts
    I did hours a few years back, as I like to Swim, Run, and Ride.. miles does not really cover everything I do .. my goal for that year was 200 hours total (not counting weight training) I did it but barley made it..

This year was a good year and I only have 257 hours.... not sure where you will target but in 2009 I did 269 hours.. and in 2008 I did 325 hours (that year was 4,000 miles my best year in a long time...)

Anyway thought I would put some numbers out if that is how you will log them..

Where do you think you will target..??

C

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

28. The following user says "Thank You" to Paddlechris for this useful post:

Mod
    Thanks
    I should add.. my goals this year are different as well.. I plan to do some light touring so I want to target at least 3 overnight self supported trips

I also plan to continue to swim / run / bike year round and generally to have a good time.. I think I will be looking for that magical 250 hour mark that seems to be a good number for total fitness...

One thing on the My Cycling Log - on the "group" section it only shows biked miles - that is a bit deceiving when you do multiple things......

C

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

30. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Paddlechris for this useful post:

Thanks
    Not sure really.

I usually bike 6-8 hours per week, martial arts 4 hours per week, weights 2-4 hours per week. Then throw in the occasional, kayak, hiking, rock climbing etc...

One major change though is I plan to do much more running this year. I want to target a 30k trail race this year that will take up much of my training time. I'm sure it will reduce my biking hours/miles too.
    TIM

Thanks
    Awesome guys...I'll make the effort to take top place then. Count your hours...I'll be counting my miles

Oh...wait...I can't keep up with the guys that are left. Oh well...I'm shooting for 3000+ this year. No slacking off this time!

33. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to shockfinder for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder View Post
    Awesome guys...I'll make the effort to take top place then. Count your hours...I'll be counting my miles

Oh...wait...I can't keep up with the guys that are left. Oh well...I'm shooting for 3000+ this year. No slacking off this time!
    If I hadn't been so lazy I'd have passed you last year.

You're going to have to fight hard to beat my buddy Chris Cooper this year though. You still trying to move to the Nashville area? It'd be good to get you up this way to ride with more often.

I think the "FURY" will be unleashed this year.
    Last edited by Taco-Tim; 01-03-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    TIM

35. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Taco-Tim for this useful post:

Mod
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cast-L-E View Post
    Not sure really.

I usually bike 6-8 hours per week, martial arts 4 hours per week, weights 2-4 hours per week. Then throw in the occasional, kayak, hiking, rock climbing etc...

One major change though is I plan to do much more running this year. I want to target a 30k trail race this year that will take up much of my training time. I'm sure it will reduce my biking hours/miles too.
    The running will take away from your miles but will keep your hours on par at least it does for me.... Months where I run a lot i find my hours do not change just my distance

Actually i find my hours never really change with the kiddo i am maxed out with my time.. The 30k run would be awesome..

C

SORBAMIDTN

Thanks
    I never understood the logging of miles or hours on the site for anything but cycling.

Hence the name... My Cycling.com.

But that's just me.
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

Thanks
    You guys are sickos. How do I log beer activity?

Lance Bowers

2018 Surly ECR 29+
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2013 Soma Fab Double Cross Disc

39. The following user says "Thank You" to Slick37075 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cast-L-E View Post
    If I hadn't been so lazy I'd have passed you last year.

You're going to have to fight hard to beat my buddy Chris Cooper this year though. You still trying to move to the Nashville area? It'd be good to get you up this way to ride with more often.

I think the "FURY" will be unleashed this year.
    Well you weren't the only one lazy. I only rode 170 miles Oct-Dec. After I finished the MS150 I took a couple of weeks off and never really got back on. Life kept getting in the way.

Beat Cooper? Hardly possible! I didn't realize people kept track and competed with mileage. I thought I was the only one who did something like that.

I'd love to get to the Nashville area...my favorite town by far. Not going to happen any time soon though. I'm just going to have to come that way to ride. I want to go back to PWP and do those hills again. I don't think I could keep up, but I could do it this time.

BTW, if you decide you want to do the 12 hours of Stanky Creek, I'm in this year. I'm actually riding my mountain bike!

41. The following user says "Thank You" to shockfinder for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder View Post
    BTW, if you decide you want to do the 12 hours of Stanky Creek, I'm in this year. I'm actually riding my mountain bike!
    Let's get a 4man team together or do it duo.?
    TIM

Thread Information