Thread: Spring is in the air...

Thanks

Spring is in the air...

...and Yazoo is in the glass.

Photobucket

Howdy folks!

We've got just under 60 days left until this year's shindig and the goods we've got for you this year promise to make you smile.

This year we've collaborated with Linus and the gang at Yazoo to bring you a one of a kind tulip pint glass form Nashville's finest. Make sure to stop by the Tap Room when your in Nashville. If you live in the Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis, Birmingham or Huntsville areas make sure to pick up a 6er of your favorite to take home. Otherwise come sample a pint at DSG and see what the hub-bub is all about.

Jeanie and the staff at Vanderbilt Sports Medicine will once again be offering their expertise should anyone need their care at DSG. They're fully staffed, locked, loaded and ready to attend to any of your medical needs at The Cotton Mill. Let's hope for the best.

Bryan Bloebaum of Blue Tree Images will be the man behind the lens to capture the weekend's images in all their glory. He's got a few tricks up his sleeve. Just wait till you see what Bryan has to offer. The Revolutions Will Not Be Televised.

If you've signed up you're on the list. If you don't have your spot, what are you waiting for slacker?

What will your DSG Story be?

Viva la Revolutions,
    The fine folks at Dirt Sweat & Gears
    www.DirtSweatandGears.com

--
    Regards,
    ch

Clay Higgins
    Dirt Sweat & Gears
    SSUSA
    Last edited by TryFour; 03-13-2009 at 02:53 PM.

2. The following 7 users say "Thank You" to TryFour for this useful post:

Thanks
    I'm so looking forward to helping you out with DSG Tryon, and winning the hill climb with my 40 lb slopestyle bike. Haha.
    -'07 Transition Bottlerocket
    -'03 Rocky Mountain Edge (in pieces awaiting paint job and overhaul)

Jump it off something, onto something, or over something.

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

4. The following user says "Thank You" to RMB_mike for this useful post:

Thanks
    We'll knock out this pump track and hopefully the skills course, and give you a place to ride that beast!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TryFour View Post
    We'll knock out this pump track and hopefully the skills course, and give you a place to ride that beast!
    Give me an idea of how you want to lay it out and kinda what types of obstacles you want and I'll put the materials from our stash aside.

Hurry up and get your F5 built, then you and I can go kick everyone's *** on the hill climb with our 40 lb specialty bikes. haha.

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    We'll talk soon! Thanks!

Uzzi is offline You have ticks on you because you didn't weed eat the trail
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,005 Posts

Not that you asked...

Just a reminder of all the Skillz courses I've assembled in my years - It always takes twice as long as you imagine. Pre-fab as much as possible. Be realistic about what you can build in 1 day (or 2). The hardest thing to do is engineer the course to flow. Real hard to do in a day or so. Also, you'd be surprised at what simple things people have the most fun on. Small teeters, skinnies, 2 foot drops, etc. Basically, get a semi, back it up to the eWok village and start loading.

9. The following user says "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzzi View Post
    Just a reminder of all the Skillz courses I've assembled in my years - It always takes twice as long as you imagine. Pre-fab as much as possible. Be realistic about what you can build in 1 day (or 2). The hardest thing to do is engineer the course to flow. Real hard to do in a day or so. Also, you'd be surprised at what simple things people have the most fun on. Small teeters, skinnies, 2 foot drops, etc.
    Right you are, Timothy.
    Since Tryon is also doing a pump track, we may not have to be as elaborate as we were last year at HC.
    I'm thinking we can use those two small wooded kickers that pumptrack jim made and brought to us, and those boards we used for that little skinny section at the end.
    I'm thinking that we could make it a bit more slow and technical and just leave the fast flowy part of it for the pump track.
    Tryon, if you know the layout and could draw me up a rough diagram of the lot and where the pumptrack is coming in, I could probably gauge what we would be able to do down there.

Basically, get a semi, back it up to the eWok village and start loading.
    Has the EV become a farm for stunts used at local FTFs? haha.

-Ronald Reagan

11. The following user says "Thank You" to RMB_mike for this useful post:

Thanks
    Tim, thanks for the heads up, I haven't tackled a project this big before, so it's good to have a reality check. Pump track is first priority, then we'll get the skills course figured out.

Mike, I definitely appreciate the help! Give me a call when you have the chance and we'll get this all moving. Until then, harvest me some stunts!!!

Thanks
    Wow it would be cool to have a skills course at DSG (or just out at the Cotton Mill Preserve anyhow). I'm an avid off-road unicyclist but also dabble in unicycle trials so I'd love to give the resulting skills course a shot. I'll bring my trials as well as offroad unicycle to DSG this year!

Thread Information