Thread: JoJo's BBQ at DS&G

Thanks

JoJo's BBQ at DS&G

Hey Guys!

I won't be racing this year but I will be at DS&G helping my good friend Joey serve up some delicious food. He wanted me to post up a note for him.

I look forward to seeing all of you down in Fayeteville - Ron

Hello all,

My name is Joey and I own and operate JoJo’s BBQ and Catering. My good friend who has also raced with you all, Ron DePew, will be helping me this year during the festivities. So far, I have learned we will have a hot dog vendor, a bbq sandwich vendor as well as the “Dirt Ball” vendor (basically hush puppies with jalapenos in them….yummmmyyy!!!), and myself for the 3rd year now! I would like to get your opinion on what I am considering serving this year as you, the riders, will have what is known as “Dirt Dollars” given to you for you to purchase what you wish to eat from any vendor.

I will be serving a plate lunch/dinner consisting of:
    2 pieces of smoked chicken and 2 sides with a bottled water for $10.00 (sides are baked beans and buttery corn)

Let me know what you think…. I believe in a good, full meal for a good price…

Peace!

Joey Morasse - JoJo’s BBQ
    Ron D.

07' Specialized Stumpjumper FSR

"They are Children not a choice" - Choose Life!

2. The following 7 users say "Thank You" to 1cor1422 for this useful post:

Thanks
    At the risk of the standard Tennessee ribbing, I suppose I'll mention there may be one or two (ahem) vegetarians around... thankfully beer counts as a vegetable. Except Guiness, but I drink it anyway.
    Graham

'08 Specialized Epic Comp
    '00 Fisher Kaitai
    '06 Trek Pilot 5.0

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graham722 View Post
    At the risk of the standard Tennessee ribbing, I suppose I'll mention there may be one or two (ahem) vegetarians around... thankfully beer counts as a vegetable. Except Guiness, but I drink it anyway.
    I'll risk the ribbing, I'm used to it by now. I'm a vegetarian so it might be nice to have some other options. I was planning on bringing all my own sustenance anyhow but it would be nice to "eat out" as long as I'm here. It could be as simple as a garden or black bean burger for me, even a Boca burger would be ok by me.

5. The following user says "Thank You" to munisano for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by munisano View Post
    I'll risk the ribbing, I'm used to it by now. I'm a vegetarian so it might be nice to have some other options. I was planning on bringing all my own sustenance anyhow but it would be nice to "eat out" as long as I'm here. It could be as simple as a garden or black bean burger for me, even a Boca burger would be ok by me.
    Hey guys,

Joey here again from JoJo’s BBQ and Catering….

First of all, I would never rib a vegetarian…ribs aren’t allowed….hardy har har…seriously, I would like to offer a service that you might not find there at DSG. Please feel free to bring box(s) of veggie burgers, dogs, buns and anything you may want on them to me and I will prepare them for you so you have a nice meal after the race or whenever. If you have never had a hickory smoked veggie burger, you’re in for a treat. I will also offer up as well, any other meals too…breakfast etc if you wish for me to do so. If you wish to do this, please let me know as soon as you can. As far as a charge….we’ll figure that out when we get there…I assure it will be cheap as we’re all in this together!!

Peace!

Joey
    Ron D.

7. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to 1cor1422 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanks Joey - that sounds awesome! And if munisano is a veggie, than I am too. I checked out your blog and your a badas$ dude! I fully expect to be lapped by the man with one wheel.

Bring on the veggie burgers!

nice tags, btw.
    Graham

'08 Specialized Epic Comp
    '00 Fisher Kaitai
    '06 Trek Pilot 5.0

Thanks
    Thanks Joey, but I think I'm going to be packing real minimally for this adventure so I'll have to decline your offer. Besides, I know my body well and I full expect that riding around for 12 hours on one wheel in this Tennessee heat is going to be brutal so I doubt I'll want anything other than liquid calories such as Boost, Ensure etc... Sorry, but thanks for the offer.

And graham722, I doubt I'll be lapping anybody at DSG that keeps riding the whole 12 hours. Just keep on going and stay ahead of the unicycle dude!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by munisano View Post
    Thanks Joey, but I think I'm going to be packing real minimally for this adventure so I'll have to decline your offer. Besides, I know my body well and I full expect that riding around for 12 hours on one wheel in this Tennessee heat is going to be brutal so I doubt I'll want anything other than liquid calories such as Boost, Ensure etc... Sorry, but thanks for the offer.
    If you change your mind and want something for after the race there's a Walmart just a few miles from the site, I'm sure they carry veggie burgers.
    Ron D.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 Times in 491 Posts
    Hey Joey,
    We want to get you to come and serve at the Hamilton Creek Festival on June 20th. I lost your card from your visit to the shop. Send me a PM or email to trails@sorbamidtn.org and I will hook you up with the Festival Director.

thanks,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Hey Joey,
    We want to get you to come and serve at the Hamilton Creek Festival on June 20th. I lost your card from your visit to the shop. Send me a PM or email to trails@sorbamidtn.org and I will hook you up with the Festival Director.

thanks,
    Thanks Darryl, I'll pass the info along to Joey.

See you in Fayetteville!

Ron
    Ron D.

Thread Information