Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Hamilton Creek Trail Conditions Here - everyone post!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bradybunch12 View Post
    If you dont like crossing Bell Road and want the parking lot reopened, please contact Metro Parks Dept at Phone: (615) 862-8400 and email MetroParks@nashville.gov . Also contact SORBA at http://www.sorbamidtn.org/contact/ and email President – Jason Campbell, president@sorbamidtn.org .

This crap is unacceptable. Speak up, dont let these homophobes ruin things or get someone killed crossing Bell Road.
    What's unacceptable is the behavior on display out there when that area isn't closed. And you act like the only reason it's deemed unacceptable is because it's men. I wouldn't care if it was women, or men and women, it's unacceptable, which is why there are laws against it, same reason you'd get arrested if you walked down the street with your junk hanging out.

If you don't like the present situation, the answer is not to berate the people here who are trying to prevent a bad situation - people aren't making up with they've seen out there. And no one who doesn't want to see it should have to. If you want to see it, I hear there are clubs for that. For now, ride the trail, or if you don't like having to ride a little further to get to the other side, ride somewhere else. Complaints were made to Parks, there are only so many officers to patrol parks, and they simply can't generate enough presence there to make a difference.

The only reasonable way to open that trail head back up is to get enough people to ride there that the presence of legitimate users makes it too risky a place for the people using Grindr (that's what's going on there - look it up) to do what they do. And I just don't see that happening due to the number of mountain bikers in MidTN that are afraid of rocks.

2. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    What's unacceptable is the behavior on display out there when that area isn't closed. And you act like the only reason it's deemed unacceptable is because it's men. I wouldn't care if it was women, or men and women, it's unacceptable, which is why there are laws against it, same reason you'd get arrested if you walked down the street with your junk hanging out.

If you don't like the present situation, the answer is not to berate the people here who are trying to prevent a bad situation - people aren't making up with they've seen out there. And no one who doesn't want to see it should have to. If you want to see it, I hear there are clubs for that. For now, ride the trail, or if you don't like having to ride a little further to get to the other side, ride somewhere else. Complaints were made to Parks, there are only so many officers to patrol parks, and they simply can't generate enough presence there to make a difference.

The only reasonable way to open that trail head back up is to get enough people to ride there that the presence of legitimate users makes it too risky a place for the people using Grindr (that's what's going on there - look it up) to do what they do. And I just don't see that happening due to the number of mountain bikers in MidTN that are afraid of rocks.
    I'm not happy with the pinnacle side being closed either. I actually prefer starting over there but haven't been able to park on that side in years. The lot was always full of backed-in cars. There were always dudes walking from the trailhead about 20-30ft apart to avoid looking suspicious. As much as I'm not happy with not being able to park over there, the reality is that I really never got to park over there anymore anyway. I love that I don't have to worry about who/what I'll be surprising in the woods. I love that the trailhead area isn't littered with toiletpaper, condoms, condom wrappers, and other trash. I'm fine with that trailhead being closed. Metro parks never really seemed to care about the activity that was happening. More riders also won't fix the situation. Before PWP opened, the parking lots at Hamilton Creek were packed every day.........AND THIS ACTIVITY STILL OCCURRED.
    --
    stephen

Mountain Biking is 80% mental, 40% physical, and 20% skills... and that may add up to more than 100%, but I don't know.. I hit my head on a tree this weekend.

4. The following 4 users say "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drwx View Post
    I'm not happy with the pinnacle side being closed either. I actually prefer starting over there but haven't been able to park on that side in years. The lot was always full of backed-in cars. There were always dudes walking from the trailhead about 20-30ft apart to avoid looking suspicious. As much as I'm not happy with not being able to park over there, the reality is that I really never got to park over there anymore anyway. I love that I don't have to worry about who/what I'll be surprising in the woods. I love that the trailhead area isn't littered with toiletpaper, condoms, condom wrappers, and other trash. I'm fine with that trailhead being closed. Metro parks never really seemed to care about the activity that was happening. More riders also won't fix the situation. Before PWP opened, the parking lots at Hamilton Creek were packed every day.........AND THIS ACTIVITY STILL OCCURRED.
    Exactly right! This went on over there everyday even when that park was busy. I used to get license plate numbers and report to a friend on police department at his request. They finally just had to close it. I DONT WANT THAT REOPENED AGAIN!! Nothing like coming shooting across that parking lot only to see two dudes bare ass on the hood of a car! And, the trash in the woods!!

6. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to Xjaddiction for this useful post:

Thanks
    Had a great ride today but was kinda wierded out in the parking lot. The parking lot on the expert side was packed. But no bike racks and all the cars have a lone guy just chilling in their car. Didnt see anyone one the trail. Why are 7 dudes just hanging out in a secluded parking lot chilling?

More reason to keep other side closed. Bad enough in bmx trail head side! Report this activity please.

8. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to Xjaddiction for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjaddiction View Post
    Exactly right! This went on over there everyday even when that park was busy. I used to get license plate numbers and report to a friend on police department at his request. They finally just had to close it. I DONT WANT THAT REOPENED AGAIN!! Nothing like coming shooting across that parking lot only to see two dudes bare ass on the hood of a car! And, the trash in the woods!!
    the issue is that they have the same mentality as us. Mountain Bikers think, "If there's more of us out there, there'll be less shady activity". The people who have sex in the park think, "If there's more of us out here, it will discourage the mountain bikers from riding or parking over here". Their strategy works because I stopped parking over there for that specific reason.
    --
    stephen

Mountain Biking is 80% mental, 40% physical, and 20% skills... and that may add up to more than 100%, but I don't know.. I hit my head on a tree this weekend.

10. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    the issue is that they have the same mentality as us. Mountain Bikers think, "If there's more of us out there, there'll be less shady activity". The people who have sex in the park think, "If there's more of us out here, it will discourage the mountain bikers from riding or parking over here". Their strategy works because I stopped parking over there for that specific reason.
    We aren't going there to commit illegal acts of a sexual nature in public, I don't think its a rational comparison between the two.

12. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to flatblackard for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    The only reasonable way to open that trail head back up is to get enough people to ride there that the presence of legitimate users makes it too risky a place for the people using Grindr (that's what's going on there - look it up) to do what they do. And I just don't see that happening due to the number of mountain bikers in MidTN that are afraid of rocks..
    No one is riding there now. SORBA has killed the usefulness of that trail. And there are laws to deal with indecent exposure, no need to close the parking lot. No one had their junk out, and no one has been arrested for indecent exposure. The only complaints are what are on this board, men walking around. I am not as familiar as you with Grindr, so I will take your word. but I feel like calling in complaints about the trash and indecent exposure on the other side, maybe we can get the whole park shutdown and make the world a safer place. /s Buncha god **** morons here. Closing that parking lot did not make anyone safer but it did make riders who try to cross bell road much more at danger.
    2015 Motobecane Fantom 29

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flatblackard View Post
    you should find pedestrian persons of ANY orientation having sexual relations on a designated MTB trail and a police dept that turns a blind eye to it unacceptable, and judging by your observations you either don't ride there much or want it to take place because 99% of the time I've ridden there I have seen more happening than what you describe, you must think that a "trailhead" extends 1/4 mile into the trail? Well it doesn't and it creates dangerous conditions for MTB riders and those on foot who shouldn't be there to begin w.
    How does closing that lot prevent any of that? It doesnt at all. All it does is inconvenience MTB riders

Thanks
    I love that I don't have to worry about who/what I'll be surprising in the woods. I love that the trailhead area isn't littered with toiletpaper, condoms, condom wrappers, and other trash. I'm fine with that trailhead being closed. Metro parks never really seemed to care about the activity that was happening. More riders also won't fix the situation. Before PWP opened, the parking lots at Hamilton Creek were packed every day.........AND THIS ACTIVITY STILL OCCURRED.

Again your complaint is guys walking together.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flatblackard View Post
    We aren't going there to commit illegal acts of a sexual nature in public, I don't think its a rational comparison between the two.
    NO INDECENT EXPOSURE arrests have been made. They are scared of men walking together.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjaddiction View Post
    You havent seen any bare ass man on the hood. Getting license plates for parking but cant get a pic of actual public sex?? LIAR.

Thanks
    Again your complaint is guys walking together.
    people walking together with the intent of exercise is a very different thing than people walking together with the intent of having sex in the woods.... or do you really believe that people are just walking together in 100 degree heat in business-casual clothes. hell i've even seen guys over there carrying fishing rods to disguise what they are doing..........apparently completely unaware that it is a hell of a walk from the ned sheldon trailhead to the lake.
    --
    stephen

19. The following user says "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    people walking together with the intent of exercise is a very different thing than people walking together with the intent of having sex in the woods.... or do you really believe that people are just walking together in 100 degree heat in business-casual clothes. hell i've even seen guys over there carrying fishing rods to disguise what they are doing..........apparently completely unaware that it is a hell of a walk from the ned sheldon trailhead to the lake.
    No I dont possess those same mind reading abilities as you. Both casual clothes and sporting gear are give aways of gay sex! #genius

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrider View Post
    Liar?? Really? You either turn a blind eye (because you are a participant), slow biker (they can here you from a long distance and they stop), or really don't have a f'n clue. Which is it? I'm guessing slow biker since you complain about having to start all the way from the lake side TR. You probably don't need to ride that side if you have trouble just getting there from lake side.

It doesn't matter the time of year, the law breakers are almost always out there. I can promise you that I call Metro Parks EVERY time I am there. I have rolled up on countless BJ's and other acts. Metro usually sends a car out but they will tell you, they have limited resources in relation to all the parks they must patrol. It's nice that we have so many parks!

As for the alleged homophobic people here, it's simply not true. They are lawbreakers committing sexual acts in public. I have seen kids on every trail here including Hamilton Creek. We are protecting those kids and the many solo riders (especially women) that ride out there.

Come out to a trail work day and give your fingers a rest, it's pointless what you are doing.
    I'll be at ale for the trail, I got a feeling you wont be so insulting to my face. No need take it so personal man. And you arent protecting anyone, you are forcing them to increase their danger by crossing Bell road or just straight depriving them of access.

Thanks
    Regardless, IT IS A DESIGNATED BIKE ONLY TRAIL!!! Your apparent desire or lack of being able to logically digest the situation after numerous people who simply want to ride their bikes on trials built by bike riders FOR bike riders have shared what they have seen for years now suggests there is nothing to discuss any further w a mentality such as yours. So do what you think you should about it and those riders who use/volunteer personal time to maintain/clean up the used condoms, baby wipes and empty ziplock bags will do what we must to protect our trails. I personally encourage you to make as much of a fuss about this w whatever authorities you can, go round up some of these guys who are "just walking down the trail" and bring them forward and actual MTB riders will bring our group as well and we can have a long long overdue conversation about this issue. Your move SJW....

23. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to flatblackard for this useful post:

Thanks

Hamilton Creek Trail Conditions Here - everyone post!

No I dont possess those same mind reading abilities as you. Both casual clothes and sporting gear are give aways of gay sex! #genius
    You seem hung up on the type of sex. Denying that it happens isn't helping your cause. Metro has done undercover setups here in the past and arrested people. That's really the only thing that makes the activity die down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    --
    stephen

25. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    Why not go ahead and close the whole park? Does anything happen in one parking lot that doesnt happen in the other? Does anything happen on one trail that doesnt happen on the other?

Thanks
    The problem is that the action taken doesnt address the problem. How does closing that parking lot do anything besides move it to the other side? The only one that actually suffers are bike riders with reduced access to the trail. Its been closed for a few months now, is the problem gone?

Thanks
    You seem hung up on the type of sex. Denying that it happens isn't helping your cause. Metro has done undercover setups here in the past and arrested people. That's really the only thing that makes the activity die down.

Youre the one hung up on sex! Man with fish pole = sex! Man not in biking shorts = sex! Man walking with another man = sex!

Thanks

Youre the one hung up on sex! Man with fish pole = sex! Man not in biking shorts = sex! Man walking with another man = sex!
    I can't believe you are denying that people were having sex in the woods at that trailhead. Condom trash in the woods = sex
    --
    stephen

30. The following user says "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    Your stupidity is amazing. Get out and go ride, or can you not sit on your seat because of your last Hamilton experience? bradybunch12 is obviously a buk secks participant.

All - keep your eyes open for a 2015 Motobecane Fantom 29er, a blustering idiot is on it looking for his next bj. After all, what other explanation could there be since he is so upset about the blockade?
    Yeah no homophobia here. Its all logic and reason!

Thanks
    Your stupidity is amazing. Get out and go ride, or can you not sit on your seat because of your last Hamilton experience? bradybunch12 is obviously a buk secks participant.

All - keep your eyes open for a 2015 Motobecane Fantom 29er, a blustering idiot is on it looking for his next bj. After all, what other explanation could there be since he is so upset about the blockade?
    Nice handle mudrider, maybe projecting a little? http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=mud%20riding

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,513 Posts
    "Come on, man."

Close the NS lot = no activity over there besides mt. bikes. I like it. Who ever wants to short-cut to the "expert side" might consider contacting SORBA about cutting a short-cut to the tunnel. I just tried to look at the HC trail map and it's jacked up on the SORBA site and on this one.

Can anyone help with that?

Gary

Thanks
    Shoot, if you cut in at the lakeside loop-out and ride the trail "backwards", it's couldn't be but a mile or two to the tunnel.

Gary

Thanks
    You havent seen any bare ass man on the hood. Getting license plates for parking but cant get a pic of actual public sex?? LIAR.
    No reason to lie about that. Cut across old road access instead through woods a few years ago and yup, there they were on hood of old pickup. One bare ass dude literally jumped under the truck the other just layed up there on the hood. I didn't take time to stop for a picture, I was too busy trying to get the hell out of there. So your telling me you would stop to take pictures? Wtf

Thanks
    This is the most fired up anyone has been about hammy since pwp opened.

--
    stephen

37. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks
    This is the most fired up anyone has been about hammy since pwp opened.

Yeah. Some people just need something to complain about. You close a trail head, what good does it do? Gives the police one less area they have to patrol to find people doing this stuff.

bradybunch - Great attitude about it though. Riding a little extra distance is going to hurt you enough you need to ride across a busy road instead? You aren't that far from Shutes Branch or Cane Ridge if you're at Hammy, go to one of those instead if it's just too much for you. I honestly don't understand what the issue is. I suspect though, since I know most of the people on this forum, that you basically are upset by the actions taken by the people who actually put time and effort into gaining trail access around here (that IS who you're addressing in most of this thread) and yet I can't really place you. I've worked side by side with a lot of the people whose word regarding what goes on out there you're attacking, and to be honest, the work I've done with a couple of them has been the kind where you're sort of trusting them to do it right or you risk injury. So I have a certain amount of trust and respect for them. And to be honest, everyone starts out with a certain amount of baseline trust and respect from me. But you're losing that little baseline amount by calling people I trust liars. I would suggest, if only on the grounds that you probably owe a great deal of the trail you enjoy riding to the people you're talking to here that you maybe treat them with a little more respect, because honestly, you seem irrationally angry.

39. The following 4 users say "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    "Come on, man."

Close the NS lot = no activity over there besides mt. bikes. I like it. Who ever wants to short-cut to the "expert side" might consider contacting SORBA about cutting a short-cut to the tunnel. I just tried to look at the HC trail map and it's jacked up on the SORBA site and on this one.

Can anyone help with that?
    We are in the works of getting an updated map made up and installed there and the NS side. Hopefully will have it in a few weeks and then get it installed. Will look similar to the ones at Warner and Bells Bend and should last much longer.

To Brady: I am Austin in case you are wondering. Just wanted to make that clear since I was called out directly in your email for saying something I never did.
    Last edited by AustinB; 07-29-2016 at 09:22 PM.
    -Austin

IMBA-SORBA Member - Join @ http://sorbamidtn.org/ and help us build trails

41. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to AustinB for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,870 Posts
    Discussion is good...name calling is not.
    Keep it civil guys.
    Mike

www.rideforreading.org

08' Trek Fuel EX 8
    08' Trek 1.2 Road Bike

43. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to twolfcon for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
    We are in the works of getting an updated map made up and installed there and the NS side. Hopefully will have it in a few weeks and then get it installed.
    Austin, I was speaking of the maps on the SORBA trails status site and here.

Gary

Thanks
    for those of you who don't follow the news or facebook... http://wkrn.com/2016/08/04/18-year-o...ear-old-twins/

be safe at hammy!
    --
    stephen

46. The following user says "Thank You" to drwx for this useful post:

Thanks

Brady Bunch, there was in fact a HUGE sting at Hammy several years ago and a whole bunch of dudes arrested, sorry to disappoint you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48. The following user says "Thank You" to Syndicate for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanks to whoever cleared all of the down trees on the lake side. Perfect conditions this morning. I took care of all the spider webs. Get some before the rain hits!

50. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to HuntMan for this useful post:

Thanks
    Just looking for some up-to-date info. on Hammy. My riding buddies and I are coming up from Cookeville either Saturday or Sunday. Are both sides of the trail open, or is there a closure we need to be aware of.
    It's been a couple years since I rode out there, so just wanting to make sure we're not wasting our time.
    Thanks in advance.
    CHIEF

Thanks
    As far as I know, all is open and clear, as of a couple of weeks ago. Obviously rain, in the mean time, could be an issue. Trail was in good shape. Face slappers in some areas, but not as bad as Montgomery Bell.

Do you ever ride Defeated Creek? That'd be way closer and an awesome trail, except for the weeds and grass getting out of hand in mid-summer. After a couple of hard frosts, I'll be riding up there for the best of middle TN.

Gary

53. The following user says "Thank You" to homer for this useful post:

Thanks
    As far as I know, all is open and clear, as of a couple of weeks ago. Obviously rain, in the mean time, could be an issue. Trail was in good shape. Face slappers in some areas, but not as bad as Montgomery Bell.

Do you ever ride Defeated Creek? That'd be way closer and an awesome trail, except for the weeds and grass getting out of hand in mid-summer. After a couple of hard frosts, I'll be riding up there for the best of middle TN.
    Thanks for the info. Homer. Yeah, I've rode Defeated Creek. We don't mind the drive on a weekend though, and we wanted to ride something rocky and technical. Plus my buddy has never rode Hammy, and he keeps asking about it. LOL I'll definitely keep my eye on the weather for this weekend.
    I think I'll follow your lead and start riding Defeated this winter. I don't plan on slowing down much this winter, so thanks for the idea.
    CHIEF

55. The following user says "Thank You" to VTOne for this useful post:

Thanks
    I rode Hammy Friday 9/16 and it's all good.

57. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to spieg for this useful post:

Thanks
    Hammy was great on Saturday, the 24th. I forgot how much fun that trail is.
    CHIEF

59. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to VTOne for this useful post:

Thanks
    Rode Hamilton Creek Wednesday morning and yesterday morning, both sides were awesome.

61. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to topgun4236 for this useful post:

Uzzi is offline You have ticks on you because you didn't weed eat the trail
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Wow - this got out of control. I will gladly call Metro parks and discuss getting this opened again. The issue is not homophobia - that is absurd. The issue is that Metro parks refuses to patrol or do anything about this issue. After all the noise made about this issue, there has not been enough noise made about this issue for anyone with power to do anything. it is not unreasonable to say that when I am out mountain biking (often with my kids) rolling up on a couple of dudes doing unnatural things to each other is not what the trail and park is intended for.

Because this parking lot has been closed, I have been to Hamilton once - I would be there more but hate that trail entrance. Sorba in years past did a lot of work to get that trail head open. Shame it was shutdown with out any community discussion.

63. The following user says "Thank You" to Uzzi for this useful post:

Thanks
    Ride up on buddies recently?

Gary

Thanks
    Ride up on buddies recently?
    I haven't rolled up on a single non-bike rider on pinnacle since the trailhead closure; it's been great.

66. The following user says "Thank You" to Flakpheiser for this useful post:

Thanks
    Since the Trail Builder TT are over who is responsible for removing the blue markers? Kind of crappy looking and doesn't look good for SORBA to do an event but not clean up after.

68. The following 2 users say "Thank You" to hutch98 for this useful post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hutch98 View Post
    Since the Trail Builder TT are over who is responsible for removing the blue markers? Kind of crappy looking and doesn't look good for SORBA to do an event but not clean up after.
    as I replied in my email, we had two sweep crews go through, but we must have missed some. I will personally head out there today and grab the rest.

I would hope that in the future, if other mountain bikers see some missed tape, they would just help the trail crew out and grab it. We are not a big for-profit promoter, We were just hosting a race to raise money to build more trails. Thanks to everyone who helped volunteer and spent many many hours prepping and cleaning up during this race series.

70. The following 3 users say "Thank You" to JCampbelltn for this useful post:

Thanks
    Looks like a big BMX weekend. They were there starting to set up yesterday

Thanks
    Looks like a big BMX weekend. They were there starting to set up yesterday
    Nationals.

Thanks
    Is it just the weekend or a whole week?

Thanks
    Is it just the weekend or a whole week?
    Just through the weekend, if memory serves.

75. The following user says "Thank You" to Cotharyus for this useful post:

Thread Information