Thread: The Official Tattoo Thread

Paddlechris is offline I hae developed a disdain for people...
    Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 984 Posts

The Official Tattoo Thread

Alright.. lets see I have an old tattoo that I need to get covered up, I am looking for a REAL good tattoo artist in Nashville (or close to Nashville)

I know some of you have them also so lets here and see what you think??

Thanks C

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

Thanks
    You should go look at Billy Joe's place down on Broadway.

I only have two tattoos, my own tribal design on my left calf and a rose on my right shoulder. Got the rose when I was stupid. Wished I had gotten the tribal design bigger.

Later.
    >>>JOHN 14:6<<<
    '06 Trek 6500 - Blue
    '14 Toyota Tacoma
    GO FORT CAMPBELL FALCONS!!
    GO OAKLAND RAIDERS!
    GO NEW YORK YANKEES!
    GO LOS ANGELES LAKERS!

Thanks
    I got my first tattoo at the Queen of Hearts on Nolensville Road. They do very good work. They are just off the 440 exit towards downtown.
    -'07 Transition Bottlerocket
    -'03 Rocky Mountain Edge (in pieces awaiting paint job and overhaul)

Jump it off something, onto something, or over something.

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    I'm that guy who has a cousin that does great tattoo work.

I only know the shop is in Smyrna and he goes by Scooter.
    -Dave

Jesus Died and Lived to Tell About It

Uzzi is offline You have ticks on you because you didn't weed eat the trail
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,005 Posts
    I have met VERY few people who don't REGRET their tattoos. Those that don't regret it right now will in a few years I'm sure.

Tim

Thanks
    Tim, you can count me in that group of very few people who don't regret their tattoos. The dragon on my arm stems from my fascination with them. I've liked them since I was a kid and don't foresee me disliking them anytime soon. The Cheshire cat on my chest stems from him being my favorite Disney character of any of their movies, because he's so trippy and off the wall.
    I gave both tattoos plenty of thought before I actually went and got them. I'd actually like to get another and if I do, I'll give that plenty of thought and make dang sure it will be something I don't get tired of.

I wasn't trying to be defensive with this post, it's just FYI.
    I've met a couple of people who regretted getting their tattoos but when they showed them to me, I thought to myself that I would NEVER get something like that (like a g/f's name or something like that).
    -'07 Transition Bottlerocket
    -'03 Rocky Mountain Edge (in pieces awaiting paint job and overhaul)

Jump it off something, onto something, or over something.

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    I regret only one of my tattoos and that is only because I went to a crappy "artist". Fortunately they have since gone out of business. At least they won't butcher anyone else. The rest of my tats are pretty cool. Unfortunately I don't have any shops that I go to locally. I have moved so much each one of mine have been done by different people. However, a friend of mine got an awsome big cover up done by one of the guys at Anatomic Art.

This September I am getting one on my calf touched up while I am in Atlanta. Can anyone say "good reason to party"?

You should post some before and after pics.

Good luck.

Mod
    Thanks
    I am with Sonny.. I have one tattoo that was not done well, and I would like to cover it up. I have 3 others and I am fine with them..

You either are or are not a tattoo person..

C

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not reflect those of NMB, Bill Gates, or the Internet. Void where prohibited. Paddlechris contains enough preservatives to theoretically live forever. Use of Paddlechris may be habit forming. If reading this post results in anything that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical help immediately.

SORBAMIDTN

Thanks
    I'm fine with the tattoo's I have but I have no idea how I'll feel in the future, God willing I live to be old.

I made it a point to never ever get a name or even a cartoon character of any kind on my person.
    -Dave

Mod
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David Moore View Post
    cartoon character
    Well did I say I want to cover up Yo Simmity Sam?

Now you know why

C

SORBAMIDTN

Thanks
    But why?

He's the rootinest, tootinest, hombre north, south, east, AAAAAAAAAND west of the pecos!!!!

-Dave

Thanks
    The one I am not completely happy with is to big to cover. It is not really a bad tattoo. I just didn't like how heavy he laid the line down. When I get old it will look like a big ink smear on my back. That's ok though, by the time I die I will have hurt myself so many times on my bike I will be nothing but a stump on pedals.

Thanks

Liger?

Quote Originally Posted by RMB_mike View Post
    Tim, you can count me in that group of very few people who don't regret their tattoos. The dragon on my arm stems from my fascination with them. I've liked them since I was a kid and don't foresee me disliking them anytime soon. The Cheshire cat on my chest stems from him being my favorite Disney character of any of their movies, because he's so trippy and off the wall.
    I gave both tattoos plenty of thought before I actually went and got them. I'd actually like to get another and if I do, I'll give that plenty of thought and make dang sure it will be something I don't get tired of.

This reminds me of something out of Napolean Dynamite:

Deb: What are you drawing?
    Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
    Deb: What's a liger?
    Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddlechris View Post
    Alright.. lets see I have an old tattoo that I need to get covered up, I am looking for a REAL good tattoo artist in Nashville (or close to Nashville)

I know some of you have them also so lets here and see what you think??

Thanks C

I love that tat you have on your left cheek that says "Semper Fi"

Thanks
    Well, I have full sleeves and some calf peices. It's all a work in progress.
    I can imagine that one would regret their tattoo if they are the type of person that just rolls into a shop without giving it any thought and end up with TAZ holding a golf club or some dumb crap like that.
    The kind of people that still like their ink are the kind of folks that get an idea, wait 6 months, actually research local artists, and then get it done.
    Lone Wolf employs some of the best artists in town. Jason, who co-owns the shop in Franklin, has been my artist for over 10 years now. Everything he's done on me has been published in magazines. I guess that speaks to the quality of his work.
    Just go to a shop, browse through all of the portfolios, and then choose an artist. And try to avoid the apprentices if you can. Unless you're getting something simple and without much detail.

All trails in the Nashville area, LBL when I can make it
    Thanks
    Lone Wolf in the Vandy area is where my husband, Daniel, and I have been tattooed. Daniel has two Celtic pieces, one on the shoulder, the other is a upper arm design. Brian did the shoulder, Brandon the larger arm piece....they seem to really be able to lay line. Brian did my lower back triquetra.

Either Brian or Brandon at Lone Wolf should have great ideas for covering an unwanted tattoo.
    Graphic designer, design educator, artist...dirtdog.

Thanks
    I got mine... No REGRETS... won't be, I'm SURE.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,034 Posts
    No opinion here - but this is definately funny

If you change your mind - just use some Turlington's Roll-On Tatto Remover

http://www.bofunk.com/video/2195/tattoo_removal.html
    Big Caveman - 2012 Specialized Epic Expert 29er and 2006 Santacruz Superlight - custom burple color
    Little Caveman - 2010 Voodoo Hoodoo 26'er - Steel is Still Real / custom build

…but on Voyage 34, he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing (Porcupine Tree).

Friends of Shutes Branch Blog
    http://shutesbranchmtb.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    That video is hysterical! I've always thought that when the current craze in tatoos subsides and goes out of fashion, would be a good investment opportunity into a pharmacuetical company who comes up with a tatoo removal method. Too bad "Dr. Turlington" already came up with one!
    Scott Walvoord (a.k.a. ShinerBike)
    Silver Anodized 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
    -Frank Zappa

Thread Information